Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:31 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
It was a post by Barbara in Oz.... may have been called Identity cloaker... not positive...
Correct, you can do a 10 day trial for a few $$$ it worked better at my daughters than it does here, it works better in the daytime than night for whatever reason, but for me it is good enough, I used to have cable but can't afford it now, so this gives me my fix of Coronation Street and other UK Shows, can also log onto remote servers in the USA, Canada, Ireland, Germany, etc, etc.......

http://www.identitycloaker.com/

Wow just checked it out and the demo is free, go for it and give it a whirl!!

http://www.identitycloaker.com/cms/free-demo

Last edited by Beedubya; Nov 9th 2010 at 8:35 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

PAT M...Pull up a chair and join in the fun. Well we are not always a happy fun loving bunch of campers but we do keep each other going. Most of us are a little long in the tooth well not all of us but each one of us has been out of the country for quite a few years Rodney at one time was the one who had spent the most time out of the UK 35years he's on his way home is 3 weeks:thumbsup but now we have one who beat him and thats Aries she's been in Aust. for 50 and hoping to go back home.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
PAT M...Pull up a chair and join in the fun. Well we are not always a happy fun loving bunch of campers but we do keep each other going. Most of us are a little long in the tooth well not all of us but each one of us has been out of the country for quite a few years Rodney at one time was the one who had spent the most time out of the UK 35years he's on his way home is 3 weeks:thumbsup but now we have one who beat him and thats Aries she's been in Aust. for 50 and hoping to go back home.
I have been in the USA for 38 years...
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Lovely to hear you have settled in. Do think it is more expensive to live in the south than the north? I am from Belfast and hope to end up there. I read that there are heavy austerity measures upcoming for the south.
yes and they are going all out to get money from the normal person on the street, it really makes me mad that the banks threw money at people left right and centre, and now they are ripping the innocent people again, while they still get their big pay chequesmakes me sick. I am in Belfast at the moment doing some xmas shopping the shops are fantastic, the prices great compared to the south, hair wash and blowdry £6.00 Tip £2.00 fantastic, . My husband and I are coming up again in December, going to M&S to so some shopping and then have one of their glasses of Cava and nibbles at their lovely champagne bar within the store, we did it before going to Canada and enjoyed it so much are going to make it an Xmas tradition, love it when I treated myself to my blowdry today, chatted all the time to my hairdresser, so natural and down to earth great Denise
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Do I qualify? I left 55 years ago?

Cheers
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:58 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
it works better in the daytime than night for whatever reason
I think that will be because it's busier at night time so they have less available bandwidth.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I just read on another forum about a USC who married and moved to the UK in 1970. She had lived there for 20 years but came back to the US to take care of her parents and now she can't come back to the UK without going through the process again. Actually she is going to get European citizenship through her parents and then move back to the UK.

Things are changing out there and it is getting to be harder to move around.

How about us are we going to be stuck at some point?
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dgjamison
I am in Belfast at the moment doing some xmas shopping the shops are fantastic, the prices great compared to the south, hair wash and blowdry £6.00 Tip £2.00 fantastic, .
Denise #2, Do you travel up there by train or ?

Cheers
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

I have been in the USA for 38 years...
For me it's 37 years in Canada.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Denise #2, Do you travel up there by train or ?

Cheers
by car, with all the new roads we can get to belfast fro m cork now in 4 hrs, sometimes less, it used to be over 5, but it is worth the journey for the shopping and savings
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgjamison
yes and they are going all out to get money from the normal person on the street, it really makes me mad that the banks threw money at people left right and centre, and now they are ripping the innocent people again, while they still get their big pay chequesmakes me sick. I am in Belfast at the moment doing some xmas shopping the shops are fantastic, the prices great compared to the south, hair wash and blowdry £6.00 Tip £2.00 fantastic, . My husband and I are coming up again in December, going to M&S to so some shopping and then have one of their glasses of Cava and nibbles at their lovely champagne bar within the store, we did it before going to Canada and enjoyed it so much are going to make it an Xmas tradition, love it when I treated myself to my blowdry today, chatted all the time to my hairdresser, so natural and down to earth great Denise
Sounds wonderful....wish I could join you!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi everyone, I have been looking back at some threads and felt I needed to say a few things, F&C, I am praying everything will work out for you as I know how frustrating it is to see your savings dwindle away and your dream seem to get further away, GW things will get better in the future for you. Beebdubya, I know where you are coming from with regards to giving what you want up for the kids and grandkids and still feel unsettled, I agree with what has been said before, Kids have a way of living their own lives, but you might be surprised if you are back in the uk for a while, how they might make the effort to come back and see you, its an awful situation and again I really hope things will work out for you Peggie, what can I say.... I look back on last year and I never want to go through that kind of loneliness again, it is a true saying you can be lonely in a crowd and that is very true, but more so at xmas, it is a very sad time of the year if you are alone, but i would like to say, you have been on a real journey with loads of stories and experiences that would entertain any company, so you would be a real asset not a burden, and remember Pegie, having a frest face and new and interesting conversation at xmas is a bonus to anyone, I wish you were near me as my family would be facinated at your stories and your journey. I really hope this will be your last xmas alone, but please go to a friend for dinner or a few hours so you are not alone, at least I had my husband with me last year, GW you will have yours with you soon. On a lighter note, the south of Ireland are so stuck for money the are lurking behind every hedgegrow to catch unsuspecting drivers and getting them for speeding, overtaking on a solid white line anything to get that €80 from you to suppliment the governmentthey got us for being 10 miles over the limit, no warnings anymore, just straight fines, so beware, don't know if its happening in UK but just beware happy christmas
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sounds wonderful....wish I could join you!
I love M&S especially at christmas, the little restaurant is lovely, right in the middle of the store, they serve lovely fresh food, and champagne and cava (that I prefer) by the glass, and sliced parma ham, I just love the atmosphere, and everyone is in a good mood, it reminds me a little bit of the atmosphere in NYC at xmas, loads of people music playing, sometimes the salvation army, the lights everything I just love it, in Belfast we now have the continental market at our city hall and a smaller version of the London eye there as well, it is fantastic, all the cheeses, meats, pig on a spit, stalls from all over Europe it is really nice, the Carol Service at St. Annes Cathedral I now really wonder what was I thinking going back to Canadabut if it has settled us then it will all have been worth it. The nights are closing in and getting frosty, which I also love at this time of year, but nothing like Canada, and I love my coal fire, so all in all I am happy and content now, and I just want the same for all of you too Denise
Old Nov 9th 2010, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PAT M
Regarding watching UK TV, BBC Iplayer etc, try MyExpatNet, it's £5 monthly. I am hooked on you lovely people, I wish you well all of you, we are trying to sell our house in Italy to return to London, there is no place like home. BTW I am 60 and OH is 72 so we qualify to join don't we?
Of course you can join us, We are in Thailand, I am 80, and my Thai Wife Tippawan is 56, and we are returning, God Willing, in Februaury to Shropshire. Good luck Dontheturner
Old Nov 9th 2010, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

(dgjamison)
Thanks for your thoughts Denise, I just have to keep going.

I'm so happy you are feeling at home these days, its all worth it in the End.

A Big Hello To Patm, good luck with the house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.