Outlander

Old Feb 19th 2021, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Outlander

Like most Scots I have not seen this fantasy series which seems to combine historical fcition with SF in the form of time travel. It has been very popular in its country of origin. Any comments ?
Old Feb 20th 2021, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

IrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Outlander

Originally Posted by scot47
Like most Scots I have not seen this fantasy series which seems to combine historical fcition with SF in the form of time travel. It has been very popular in its country of origin. Any comments ?
My wife and I have really enjoyed the series which we watch via NetFlix, Series 5 has just arrived in Australia and we are looking forward to the viewing.

As with long term series there is usually a change of writers and I do hope they don't stuff it up.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Outlander

I am not sure that I could take the Holywood Hokum in "Outlander"
Old Mar 7th 2021, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Just saw this thread. I have not watched the show - although my daughter has seen it and liked it. However, I did watch an episode (or a scene from an episode) being filmed. It was a few years ago and I was back in the UK visiting my sister, who lived in Fife at the time. We decided to go for a walk one afternoon (some beautiful costal walks in Fife) and we noticed part of the area was cordoned off and several people were gathered looking down into the harbor (cannot remember the name of the village). We asked what was going on and were told that an episode of "Outlander" was being filmed. So we stood for a while and watched it!
Old Mar 7th 2021, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

IrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Just saw this thread. I have not watched the show - although my daughter has seen it and liked it. However, I did watch an episode (or a scene from an episode) being filmed. It was a few years ago and I was back in the UK visiting my sister, who lived in Fife at the time. We decided to go for a walk one afternoon (some beautiful costal walks in Fife) and we noticed part of the area was cordoned off and several people were gathered looking down into the harbor (cannot remember the name of the village). We asked what was going on and were told that an episode of "Outlander" was being filmed. So we stood for a while and watched it!
What an experience to watch the actual production and in regards to your visit to Fife, Scotland does have some magnificent scenery.

Cheers.