One Way Flights V's Return

Old Mar 4th 2017, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: One Way Flights V's Return

Originally Posted by MILNGAVIE
In that case fly BA from Seattle. They have an excellent reputation for pet cargo so it'll be worth paying the extra. The Isle of Bute eh? We're thinking of going to Argyll and Bute when the time comes to go back to my mother land.
A relation of mine stays on Whidbey Island near where you are now.
Thanks for the advice! When you say worth paying extra, do you mean the cost of transporting our cat or airline fees in general?A lot of ex Navy still live on Whidbey; have you visited there? It is really lovely! We have friends in Port Orchard and we visited there not long ago.

When are you thinking of returning? I have done so much research on Bute. Do you follow the Isle of Bute thread on Facebook? full of great information and everyone has been so kind and friendly. I am going there in Sept for a recce and assuming all goes well shall apply for my husbands spouse visa when I get home.

Chris
Old Mar 4th 2017, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Cadfergus, I believe one of our esteemed members Scot47 (or Scots47) lives on the Isle of Bute.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
I've not used the return part of an air ticket without any repercussions.
OK as long as you don't have an FF membership with the airline. They may take your miles.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cdfergus
Our problem is that we will be transporting our cat in cargo on our flights. Because of this they have so many rules about which flights you can take So I think a RT ticket is our only option
Buy a refundable ticket. You pay more but you get a lot refunded. Don't buy from a travel agent but from the airline.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fulwood
Cadfergus, I believe one of our esteemed members Scot47 (or Scots47) lives on the Isle of Bute.
Indeed he does! My PM'S with him are the primary reason I researched Bute! He has given me wonderful local information about housing, etc. I look forward to meeting him😀
Old Mar 6th 2017, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
Buy a refundable ticket. You pay more but you get a lot refunded. Don't buy from a travel agent but from the airline.

Thank you!
Old Mar 8th 2017, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I shall sit and wait fro cdfergus to arrive. The isle of Bute is still here.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
I shall sit and wait fro cdfergus to arrive. The isle of Bute is still here.
Lol. You charmer you!
Old Mar 8th 2017, 9:50 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Why would there be repercussions..if you have a return ticket you have bought and paid for the seat it yours to do what you want with if you dont use its so what the airline have got the money for it so they dont care.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 10:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Why would there be repercussions..if you have a return ticket you have bought and paid for the seat it yours to do what you want with .....
Not true, the airlines don't like it and it is against the conditions that you agree to when you buy the ticket. Missing a leg accidentally is one thing, but gaming the system by buying a multi-leg ticket with the intention of not using one of more legs is technically forbidden. ..... Granted, there isn't much they can do about it in most cases, BUT if the leg you skip isn't the final leg then they will cancel all subsequent legs!
.... if you dont use its so what the airline have got the money for it so they dont care
Better than that, in most cases they will sell the seat again.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 8th 2017 at 10:42 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

MILNGAVIE is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice! When you say worth paying extra, do you mean the cost of transporting our cat or airline fees in general?A lot of ex Navy still live on Whidbey; have you visited there? It is really lovely! We have friends in Port Orchard and we visited there not long ago.

When are you thinking of returning? I have done so much research on Bute. Do you follow the Isle of Bute thread on Facebook? full of great information and everyone has been so kind and friendly. I am going there in Sept for a recce and assuming all goes well shall apply for my husbands spouse visa when I get home.

Chris
Worth paying the extra as a direct flight to London means less stress for your cat. BA do have a great reputation for pet cargo.

Yes I once went on a cycling tour in your part of the world and loved it...it's so much like Scotland. We're discussing about moving back to Scotland and Bute is one of the places we would consider buying property. I'm from Glasgow but although we love the city we'd rather be somewhere more rural but not too remote.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Worth paying the extra as a direct flight to London means less stress for your cat. BA do have a great reputation for pet cargo.

Yes I once went on a cycling tour in your part of the world and loved it...it's so much like Scotland. We're discussing about moving back to Scotland and Bute is one of the places we would consider buying property. I'm from Glasgow but although we love the city we'd rather be somewhere more rural but not too remote.
Yes, I looked at the flights from Seattle to Glasgow. They would not process my kitty until she arrives in Glasgow which is probably less time and stress than in London!

I lived in Dunoon and across they way in Kilmacolm (above Greenock) during the years of Holy Loch submarine base. Loved it so that is why the interest in Bute. Hubby and I will be renting but property is well priced on the island! I will let you know how my trip goes in September and if I fell in love with it in person

Chris
Old Mar 15th 2017, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

MILNGAVIE is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I looked at the flights from Seattle to Glasgow. They would not process my kitty until she arrives in Glasgow which is probably less time and stress than in London!

I lived in Dunoon and across they way in Kilmacolm (above Greenock) during the years of Holy Loch submarine base. Loved it so that is why the interest in Bute. Hubby and I will be renting but property is well priced on the island! I will let you know how my trip goes in September and if I fell in love with it in person

Chris

Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly.
It's a great area yet so close to Glasgow.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly.
It's a great area yet so close to Glasgow.
Thank you!
Old Mar 20th 2017, 5:29 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski

Better than that, in most cases they will sell the seat again.
so why give them the satisfaction?..if one way tickets were not double or three times that of a return then it wouldn't be an issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.