Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Oh we do like to be beside the seaside

Oh we do like to be beside the seaside

Old Mar 5th 2016, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oh we do like to be beside the seaside

Rubbish seaside is just too true (11 Photos) : theCHIVE
Old Mar 5th 2016, 11:14 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh we do like to be beside the seaside

Well, some might be true. But not all. Teignmouth is okay, as is Dawlish, and though Redcar is industrial, just down the coast from there is Whitby, with long, world-class, beaches, some strewn with fossils. Lyme Regis is stell very nice, as are a number of coastal towns in the South West.

Quite a few southern coastal towns are packed with ancient people using walkers and other aids, but presumably they're happy there.

So it's not all terrible on the coasts.
Old Mar 5th 2016, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Tongue in cheek humour with a large dose of stereotyping.

We'll be moving back to a coastal town, either in Devon, Cornwall or the I.O.W. so yes, not all terrible on the coasts, far from it.
Old Mar 5th 2016, 3:30 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I like the one for Brighton. I've just spent the day there, and it is just like that (one of the reasons I love it).
Old Mar 5th 2016, 3:37 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
I like the one for Brighton. I've just spent the day there, and it is just like that (one of the reasons I love it).
Leicester and Nottingham have nice beaches...locals call them Skeggy and
Mablethorp..
Old Mar 5th 2016, 3:39 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Swimming in the sea at Cleethorpes...

just going through the motions..
Old Mar 5th 2016, 3:47 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually love decrepit, hopeless places. It was cold, windy and pouring with rain here today. I visited Caister-on-Sea and California, just north of Caister. I'm thinking of buying a chalet in California, brilliant place. Superb beach.