How Much Are Packing Boxes?

Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:14 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default How Much Are Packing Boxes?

Being a cheapskate trying ot save as much money as possible in getting home, I made a bit of a spectacle of myself this afternoon. We live next to a furniture supa centre. I toodled in there and asked if there were ant boxes i could have. WELL!! I was taken out the back and there was hundreds of them! They had just taken delivery of heaps of gear.
I wont need to pay a cent for packing up my stuff. Outof interest does anyone know how much they charge for packing boxes? Knowing my luck after all that effort getting them home they probably only 10c each to buy
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Much Are Packing Boxes?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Being a cheapskate trying ot save as much money as possible in getting home, I made a bit of a spectacle of myself this afternoon. We live next to a furniture supa centre. I toodled in there and asked if there were ant boxes i could have. WELL!! I was taken out the back and there was hundreds of them! They had just taken delivery of heaps of gear.
I wont need to pay a cent for packing up my stuff. Outof interest does anyone know how much they charge for packing boxes? Knowing my luck after all that effort getting them home they probably only 10c each to buy
Just called a place - about $3-$5 a box
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

I think I paid somewhere in the region of $ 150 USD for a two bedroom house, plus I scrounged around for additional boxes and also wound up going to the local U-Haul to buy mattress covers and a few other things.......so maybe all told about $ 200 USD. I was very economical too.....I wrapped the dining room chairs in towels and even old t-shirts to prevent scratches.....plus I used blankets on a few other pieces.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 1:59 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Just called a place - about $3-$5 a box
OMG thats outrageous!! Get round to Harvey Normans Birdy...lol

Ahh well, taking the higher figure of $5 a box i reckon i've saved myself about $100

As my mum used to say, take care of the pennis and the pounds take care of themselves.

I must seem like a right old skinflint. I'm totally the opposite usually.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

OMG thats outrageous!! Get round to Harvey Normans Birdy...lol

Ahh well, taking the higher figure of $5 a box i reckon i've saved myself about $100

As my mum used to say, take care of the pennis and the pounds take care of themselves.

I must seem like a right old skinflint. I'm totally the opposite usually.
Check your typo Flea, nearly choked until read I the whole sentence
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:03 am
I don't give a damn

Check your typo Flea, nearly choked until read I the whole sentence

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Right... thats it then. My secrets out.

Do i win typo of the week?
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Right... thats it then. My secrets out.

Do i win typo of the week?
I reckon you do, no contest
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Talking of packing boxes - hope my macs ok. I've got the box it came in & all the packing but I've become quite attached to my computer - sad or what!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:25 am
I don't give a damn

Talking of packing boxes - hope my macs ok. I've got the box it came in & all the packing but I've become quite attached to my computer - sad or what!
Yeah should be sound, especially as you have the correct packing it came in.

BTW.. i got a good quote from that company you told me about. I shall ring htem next week as their price included them packing everything which we dont need them to do, so might get it down a bit lower.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah should be sound, especially as you have the correct packing it came in.

BTW.. i got a good quote from that company you told me about. I shall ring htem next week as their price included them packing everything which we dont need them to do, so might get it down a bit lower.
Oh good. They've been really easy & hassle free to date.
About to start packing on Monday.....omg
How long until you reckon you're off then
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:25 am
I don't give a damn

Oh good. They've been really easy & hassle free to date.
About to start packing on Monday.....omg
How long until you reckon you're off then
Yes we shall both be packing on Monday. As you know we are shifting to a one bed unit. I wont be leaving until we are in there, so i imagine i will be leaving in about 4 weeks time.
I am currently looking at flights. All a bit scary after so long away.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes we shall both be packing on Monday. As you know we are shifting to a one bed unit. I wont be leaving until we are in there, so i imagine i will be leaving in about 4 weeks time.
I am currently looking at flights. All a bit scary after so long away.
Yeah, it is isnt it.
I swing between being excited bout going back & knowing its definately the better move in the longrun to feeling sad about going too, bonkers. Its very boring