How long?

Old Oct 16th 2013, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long?

Many of you know my story about losing my brother in January. I must admit it is still tremendously difficult and I fight depression and suicidal thoughts but something keeps me going. Since Dwane's death and for those who don't know he was my only constant in life for nearly 50 years in terms of family - I have no family or really close friends in US and never really did have except for Dwane. Anyway, next year come hell or high water I'm coming to UK for 1-2 months. I am giving serious thought to moving back to UK but there are concerns, jobs, fully aware people's lives move on. But I have sister whom not physically seen for over 45 years and other family plus friendships I have maintained for the nearly 30 years been in US.

Here's the point of this emal.. Should I decide to move to UK, I obviously need to return to US to clear up affairs. But I have a dog and he will come with me should I decide to move. How long does it take overall to get dog ready for his possible new life in UK?

I'm not sure I will move back but trip next year will help me decide. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who over the past year or two have been so kind helping me deal with my loss, my brother's brave fight to live, etc. It is the worst loss of my life but for him I have to keep on living.

My best to all of you.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice
Default Re: How long?

Despite having just flown my pets in July, my memory has faded with regards to timelines. I think though, that you have to get them microchipped and rabies vaccinated at least 5 weeks before you intend on travelling and then the final paperwork where you have to get the endorsement done by the USDA Official vet and the tapeworm treatment, has to be done no more than 5 days before you fly.

You can't book them onto a flight (with BA anyway) until 14 days before.

So as long as you have at least 2 months before you intend on flying your dog, you should be good.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the requirements are that the rabies shot and microchip has to be done at least 21 days before flying them out. The paperwork seems to be a pain in the bum and can take some figuring out but there are helpful threads on here.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I will read threads on DEFRA regs it's just length of time. I may even take QM2 anyway.Thanks for your input.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

QM2 is a great option but you will need to book at least a year in advance for kennels. I called to see about May 2014 and they didnt have anything available for the dog. If you know when you want to go then book now to make sure you get a space, just be prepared that there is a huge cancellation fee. Length of time is the same whether you fly the dog or go by QM2, still at least 21 days after rabies and microchip.