Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:46 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Originally Posted by ann m
I smell troll now .....no-one is that bloody ignorant, are they?

Enjoy your trip back to Manchester ...
I will and as soon as i have enough money to buy a ticket. cant wait for a nice pint of boddys with a proper chicken tika massalla

you cant be fired in the uk if you are not feeling well and are late for work. its against the human rights. here though, i told my boss i had few drinks the nite before and was not feeling to good, thats why i was late and he threaten to sack me if i did it again. thats means he trying to tell me how i can live when im not at work what bloody business is it of his, so i cant be late now if im not feeling well or ill get the sack? workers have got no rights in this place.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever.

Come back to the forum when you've grown up. Bye
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:57 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ann m
Whatever.

Come back to the forum when you've grown up. Bye
im only trying to warn others not to come here. sorry if i upset you. the uk is by far the best country in the worls people who live there are lucky. i didnt know what I had in manchester, great life and great m8s. miss them.

be warned if you come to canada you wont like it. dont make my mistke. its all sorts of things, to long to list, jusdt hate it here.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like you have good lives in the UK. I do not live in Canada, but I know all about being an expat. Some suggestions:
-How about a holiday flat in Canada? You could eventually spend your retirement between the Uk and Canada.
-More holidays in Canada. Go as many times as you can each year.

Believe me, living so far from home is not always easy. Really think about what you will give up to move to Canada. It sounds like you'll give up a lot.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

Dukie,

I'm from Manchester too. It's a great city. LOVE IT! Good luck with your move HOME!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:43 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dukie
I will and as soon as i have enough money to buy a ticket. cant wait for a nice pint of boddys with a proper chicken tika massalla

you cant be fired in the uk if you are not feeling well and are late for work. its against the human rights. here though, i told my boss i had few drinks the nite before and was not feeling to good, thats why i was late and he threaten to sack me if i did it again. thats means he trying to tell me how i can live when im not at work what bloody business is it of his, so i cant be late now if im not feeling well or ill get the sack? workers have got no rights in this place.
How unreasonable of him. You'd think he'd let you call in sick with a hangover once in a while wouldn't you?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by simongb
Dukie,

I'm from Manchester too. It's a great city. LOVE IT! Good luck with your move HOME!
thank you. you obvioiusly understand. most people here to dense to know about manchester, most never even heard of city some don't even know about football legues or the manchester song, couldn't believe that. but very backwards here. even got a rule now that pubs cant have bloody cheap drinks no less. supossed to stop people getting drunk in pubs, how lame is that.

Manchester IS the worlds greatest city no other compares. i just didnt realise it when i was there. i miss everyhting about manchester, to long to list. will never leave agian when i get home after i get home.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Danny B
How unreasonable of him. You'd think he'd let you call in sick with a hangover once in a while wouldn't you?
yes that waht i thought to. but dont think my boss likes drinking well he can go screw himslf, 1 will just tell him got upset stomach next time. someone told me thats an ok excuse for being late for work in canada as theyre such prigs here. but really i shouldnt have to lie never did in the uk never had a problem my boss just used to laugh and say he wished hed been with me last night. no sense of humour here, work , work and more friggin work.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

thank you. you obvioiusly understand. most people here to dense to know about manchester, most never even heard of city some don't even know about football legues or the manchester song, couldn't believe that. but very backwards here. even got a rule now that pubs cant have bloody cheap drinks no less. supossed to stop people getting drunk in pubs, how lame is that.

Manchester IS the worlds greatest city no other compares. i just didnt realise it when i was there. i miss everyhting about manchester, to long to list. will never leave agian when i get home after i get home.
I was in Manchester for three months this summer. Just got back to the US. I know what you mean. It's very hard to adjust to life here. It feels so dead.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
thank you. you obvioiusly understand.
It was lost on him Danny ...
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by simongb
I was in Manchester for three months this summer. Just got back to the US. I know what you mean. It's very hard to adjust to life here. It feels so dead.
your so lucky wish i could be in manchester right know its so dead here and the people are so dead they dont even know there dead. i miss curry mile so much. nothing like that here just talk about indian restraunts, which are sht not anything like curry houses on Wimslow Road, best in the world ahh that boddys to. envy you.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

most people here to dense to know about manchester, most never even heard of city some don't even know about football legues or the manchester song, couldn't believe that. but very backwards here.
The quicker you get back to your pubs and your m8s, the better for everyone I think.

It's a shame you did no research before you came - and you're making a right name for yourself and unfortunately for other fellow Brits in your new home. So yes, when you get back to your beloved Manchester, then please, don't leave. You're too dense to even appreciate what you sound like on here

(... and breathe ann)

Last edited by ann m; Aug 31st 2008 at 1:37 am.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP I just want to say that if I could make the decision all over again then I wouldn't have moved here. The reasons we had are all still valid and still make sense but I just don't like it here all that much. It bores me a bit and there's that sense of just things being a bit...blah.

There is of course nothing wrong with Canada and many people make a great success of it and never look back but that's not my personality and I think that it's the kind of people that we are that affects how well we do. I don't think it has to reflect badly on me that I'm not really enjoying it here. I'm not a mover and a shaker but then we can't all be.

I'd be wary of letting a forum influence any decision that I had to make but it's fun to read some of the nonsense spouted alongside the better quality stuff.

Personally I'd advise anyone with a good life in the UK to not risk screwing all that up by moving here and then having cause to regret it but then that's not certain that it will happen. But whenever I see the the glib comment "go for it, you only live once, what have you got to lose?" then I'd suggest that depending on the personal circumstances it could be rather a lot.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:20 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stepnek
Personally I'd advise anyone with a good life in the UK to not risk screwing all that up by moving here and then having cause to regret it but then that's not certain that it will happen. But whenever I see the the glib comment "go for it, you only live once, what have you got to lose?" then I'd suggest that depending on the personal circumstances it could be rather a lot.
I'd like to second this statement very much so.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

I miss the greatest team in the world the blues

I think this statement sums it all up....a chav of the 1st order who supports the blues or a wind up merchant...I can't tell which....either way learn how to spell in some semblance of the english language.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.