Happy NYE from Vienna

Old Dec 30th 2010, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Happy NYE from Vienna

I'm a bit premature but wanted to catch all the 'stuck in Ozers' before we trot off out to dinner.

High on a hill was a lonely goatherd / Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo

Mrs TB and I are in Vienna for 4 days. It's still Thurs evening here but I wanted to wish you all a Happy and safe New Year. I hope your parties are shaping up nicely?

These goat herders know how to throw a party! Apart from the myriad classical concerts and gala balls, there is a huge street party in the main square and surrounding streets. They have 14 'stations' all which have their own theme and band and the central square in Stephensplatz has a HUGE stage. Can't wait!

They are shutting the main streets down for a fun run at 11am tomorrow, 5.2km, 3500 runners. Mrs TB and I are in and it will be her first organised event. Will need to run fast to keep warm, -10c today

Anyway, what ever you're doing and wherever you are, have a great NYE.
Attached Thumbnails Happy NYE from Vienna-p1000266.jpg  
Old Dec 30th 2010, 5:27 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy NYE from Vienna

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I'm a bit premature but wanted to catch all the 'stuck in Ozers' before we trot off out to dinner.

High on a hill was a lonely goatherd / Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo

Mrs TB and I are in Vienna for 4 days. It's still Thurs evening here but I wanted to wish you all a Happy and safe New Year. I hope your parties are shaping up nicely?

These goat herders know how to throw a party! Apart from the myriad classical concerts and gala balls, there is a huge street party in the main square and surrounding streets. They have 14 'stations' all which have their own theme and band and the central square in Stephensplatz has a HUGE stage. Can't wait!

They are shutting the main streets down for a fun run at 11am tomorrow, 5.2km, 3500 runners. Mrs TB and I are in and it will be her first organised event. Will need to run fast to keep warm, -10c today

Anyway, what ever you're doing and wherever you are, have a great NYE.
Happy New Year!!!
Old Dec 30th 2010, 8:16 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year to you and Mrs TB, hope you both do well in the race.

And don't forget to eat lots of chocolate.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year to you both too! Running? In winter? Wow! Enjoy it and enjoy the post race celebrations even more!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:34 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

*I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous* not much anyway

Hope you have a fun time
Old Dec 31st 2010, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I AM jealous as I struggle here in sweltering South Australia.
Have a wonderful time and a Happy New Year
Old Dec 31st 2010, 12:31 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a great way to bring in the New Year!

I hope 2011 is brilliant for everyone,

Bev
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Vienna for New Years is on my bucket list - and I want to waltz into the New Year as well!!
Old Jan 1st 2011, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

NYE was brilliant, pics to follow.

Went to Salzburg today and visited Mozart's house. He wasn't in, holidays and all that.

Alps were stunning, chocolate was great (so I was told) and it snowed.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 7:46 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
NYE was brilliant, pics to follow.

Went to Salzburg today and visited Mozart's house. He wasn't in, holidays and all that.

Alps were stunning, chocolate was great (so I was told) and it snowed.
Sigh.........snow in Vienna, just perfect.

Well you will be pleased to note it has been stinkin' hot here living in a flat with no AC. Last night at about 5pm I got the car out and went for a drive with the AC on full blast.

I honestly will not miss this kind of weather one little bit, I find the older I am getting the less able I am to handle it, had to have a cool shower at 2am as it was unbearable trying to sleep.

p.s. How did Mrs TB do with her first fun run?
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

p.s. How did Mrs TB do with her first fun run?
She did brilliantly. I was very proud of her. It was a lot of fun and not a serious race at all, there were people with dogs, some people walking, jogger prams, fancy dress and all sorts of other stuff I'd normally stay away from.

But it was a holiday fun run so no pressure. I stayed with with Mrs TB all the way as was my intention. She went 37.30 for 5.2km and was hanging tough, I was chatting to her all the way with encouragement, Mrs TB was amazed I had any breath to chat but it was very pedestrian for me (my pb is 21.00 for 5kms set last year) but I was just happy to be there with her and it was a lovely to be in such a special place at a special time of the year doing something I love with someone I love.

More pics: A mix of NYE in Vienna and next day in Salzburg.
Attached Thumbnails Happy NYE from Vienna-austria-019.jpg   Happy NYE from Vienna-austria-023.jpg   Happy NYE from Vienna-austria-029.jpg   Happy NYE from Vienna-austria-034.jpg   Happy NYE from Vienna-austria-047.jpg