Australian Womens' Voices

Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:40 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australian Womens' Voices

Hello, Mrs Flea here.

I am in "that" kind of mood this morning. The mood where little irritants in life take over
In all honesty, it doesnt feel like a little irritant at th emoment as i have to keep switching off my TV!!

Does anyone else here find a certain percentage of Aussie womens accents extremely grating?? My biggest example of this at the moment is the woman in the Biggest Loser show Munnalita.
I cannot bare to hear her talking!! ARGHHHHHH!!
She ends every sentence on a shrilling high note which drives me crazy.
Not all Australians do this and in general i quite like the accent, but the small group who do this pitch ascendency to extreme just fry my ear drums. It is nearly always women and they always sound like a whining child.

Thankyou. Rant over
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Womens' Voices

Yup, I found some Aussies, men and women who's voices used to grate on me, but many Aussie voices didn't bother too much, only a few now and then. But I was in Birmingham the other day and I wanted to gag some women there as well. So there are a few Brit accents that grate on me as well.

If you go travelling and see people with gags glued to their mouths or missing tongues......I've probably met them.

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Hello, Mrs Flea here.

I am in "that" kind of mood this morning. The mood where little irritants in life take over
In all honesty, it doesnt feel like a little irritant at th emoment as i have to keep switching off my TV!!

Does anyone else here find a certain percentage of Aussie womens accents extremely grating?? My biggest example of this at the moment is the woman in the Biggest Loser show Munnalita.
Not all Australians do this and in general i quite like the accent, but the small group who do this pitch ascendency to extreme just fry my ear drums. It is nearly always women and they always sound like a whining child.

Thankyou. Rant over
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:30 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, i agree it is not just Australian accents. I suppose it's a very personal thing. I do feel somewhat guilty for feeling this way. People cant help the place they were born or the accent they aquire growing up, but sadly some of them sound like finger nails dragging down a chalk board to me, and i have to remove myself from them

But someone PLEEEEASE get a voice over for Munnalita.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

That's simple, just switch over channels.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:03 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's the channel 10 news reader Sandra Sully (think that's her name) that voice grates on me!!!

kez
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Originally Posted by kez81
It's the channel 10 news reader Sandra Sully (think that's her name) that voice grates on me!!!

kez
She always sounds so bored, no matter what the topic!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:00 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, i agree it is not just Australian accents. I suppose it's a very personal thing. I do feel somewhat guilty for feeling this way. People cant help the place they were born or the accent they aquire growing up, but sadly some of them sound like finger nails dragging down a chalk board to me, and i have to remove myself from them

OMG! We've been saying the same since the programme began, but we have heard alot worse.

Originally Posted by kez81
kez
She's another we can't stand to listen to, so nasal. There are alot like that, we used to think it was a pre-requisite for reading the news or reporting on the sports. There was a new one on last night, so no idea of her name, but we all looked at each other and said...."turn that over."
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:33 am
I don't give a damn

Hello. Mr Flea back in control of MY computer!

Mercedes, Mrs Flea has been told she can quite easily change channels, but refuses to do so as she has a crush on one of the male contestants. I am ordered to press the mute button when Munnalita appears on screen.

I am quite happy she is obsessed with Australian womens accents right now. Being a Kiwi, it stops her remarking on my pronounciation of fush'n'chups
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:35 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello. Mr Flea back in control of MY computer!

Mercedes, Mrs Flea has been told she can quite easily change channels, but refuses to do so as she has a crush on one of the male contestants. I am ordered to press the mute button when Munnalita appears on screen.

I am quite happy she is obsessed with Australian womens accents right now. Being a Kiwi, it stops her remarking on my pronounciation of fush'n'chups
Or 'six?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:46 pm
I don't give a damn

Ahhhhh, now i know why i ain't getting any
Old Apr 14th 2007, 3:04 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, Mrs Flea here.

Thankyou. Rant over
He he.....I'll swap ya! You really ought to be here in "Noo Joizey". We live about 18 miles west of Manhatten in the metro commuter area...we hear Brooklyn accents all the time too and Americans are really, really LOUD, especially when they're talking into their mobile phones...

Can you remember Chandler's (ex) girlfriend Janice from 'Friends' or Fran Dreschler "The Nanny"? There are quite a lot of women living in my neighbourhood who sound like them...it's enough to drive me up the wall LOL!