Arctic Roll. Not what I remembered

Old Dec 9th 2011, 8:36 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arctic Roll. Not what I remembered

Aww, cute!
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I don't have much of a sweet tooth or a taste for cakes or ice cream. But I saw an Arctic Roll in Waitrose the other day and it 'fell' into the trolley

I didn't know you could still them. Had a piece today and it's not how I remember it. Didn't the sponge used to spiral into the ice cream? This was just a lump of ice cream with a bit of rasberry flavour and spounge wrapped around the outside.

Is my memory that bad

I thought the same.....are all these people sure they are right?
Old Dec 9th 2011, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I thought the same.....are all these people sure they are right?
Yes
Old Dec 9th 2011, 9:56 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Artic Roll.
My memory says they used to spiral . There again, who am I?
Old Dec 9th 2011, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

http://molysmellowmoments.blogspot.c...of-arctic.html

The plot thickens.....think both types maybe existed.

Like that blogpost, I definitely associate them with my mum buying a freezer in 1970s which was so novel then, you even ordered your contents for the freezer from a door-to-door salesman who delivered them in an articulated lorry. It was called Hedges in NW England.
Old Dec 10th 2011, 1:23 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Artic Roll.
My memory says they used to spiral . There again, who am I?
No they didn't spiral. It was a cylinder of ice cream covered with a cake outer.

Why not try the following:
1 bowl (size of choice)
Cake of choice
Ice cream of choice
Finish off with a drenching of Baileys of choice (they do different ones now - mint, almond, coffee, original)

So many variations to think of!!

I have tried it. Far exceeds Arctic Roll
Old Dec 11th 2011, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
No they didn't spiral. It was a cylinder of ice cream covered with a cake outer.

Why not try the following:
1 bowl (size of choice)
Cake of choice
Ice cream of choice
Finish off with a drenching of Baileys of choice (they do different ones now - mint, almond, coffee, original)

So many variations to think of!!

I have tried it. Far exceeds Arctic Roll
So true - even better if topped with meringue and quickly cooked in the oven...a quick baked alaska, just like when you used an artic roll for that and added fruit.