Working under MM2H

Old Dec 11th 2013, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

kebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Working under MM2H

Many of you are here with the MM2H Program which theoretically allows you to work 20 hours a week.

Did anyone apply to the MM2H Board and if yes, how did it work out?
Old Dec 12th 2013, 2:15 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working under MM2H

Work is a four letter word y'know I am totally retired so cannot help with this question. I do know of a friend of a friend, British guy, who is on MM2h I believe and set up an English language school down at Straits Quay. Not sure how that worked. Presumably he applied to MM2H.
Old Jan 1st 2014, 1:37 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I'm shamelessly bumping this topic in the hope that the new poster posts on here his work experiences under MM2H.
Old Jan 1st 2014, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

FMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant future

bakebean

Any idea why my posts aren't appearing? 4 of them gone in the black hole.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:02 am

no idea.....have reported to Mods
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:09 am
Just Joined

FMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant futureFMHARI has a brilliant future

Take 5

Thanks bakedbean,

Reading the procedure on the MM2H website, it appears like a straight forward process. They even call it an incentive. Check this out and give us your take on it.

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/incentive7.php
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:25 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FMHARI
bakebean

Any idea why my posts aren't appearing? 4 of them gone in the black hole.
Your posts were held in a moderation queue as they contained links. All posts for new member that have a link or an email in are automatically sent to the queue so we can try and stem spam.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:45 am
Just Joined

Good to know, thanks again for the update.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by FMHARI
Take 5

Thanks bakedbean,

Reading the procedure on the MM2H website, it appears like a straight forward process. They even call it an incentive. Check this out and give us your take on it.

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/incentive7.php

Well...the proof is in the pudding, and nobody is saying that they have achieved the pudding under MM2H..... which is why Kebi posed the question. Have you applied? Did you get approval? I sense that you haven't yet, so please prove us all wrong and post on here if you achieve approval, won't you.

Y'know, the thing is.....MM2H visa is not meant for working folks in Malaysia. If you want to do that, you get a Work visa. But please prove me wrong
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Although the instructions look onerous my take on the rules for working under an MM2H is like BBs.

If an MM2H visa holder, over 50, has a special expertise in an area of use to Malaysia, which does not deny a Malaysian from employment, then approval should be easy. Similarly, those under MM2H who wish to start a company...so long as it employs Malaysians and is indisputably a benefit to Malaysia...the rules do not deter.

It is when abuse is observed....i.e. living in Malaysia on an MM2H visa and attempting to circumvent the normal work permit is when the authorities will pay attention...and rightly so.....just my 2p.