Security Bond

Old Jan 16th 2017, 1:49 am
Just Joined

heliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant future
Default Security Bond

Can anyone who has gone through the process of getting the security bond in KL please clarify the process?
I have applied directly for MM2H. The website is showing that my application was approved on 30 December 2016 although I have not yet received the conditional approval letter. An email enquiry to the MM2H office on 10 January resulted in them telling me that my application was still pending and to check back at the end of January!
Old Jan 26th 2017, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

heliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant future
Default Re: Security Bond

To answer my own question:
1) Fill out the bond form, including getting a spouse or other random person to complete para 2, and someone to witness your signature.
2) Take said form to the stamping department of a Malaysian income tax office and get it stamped for the princely sum of RM10.
3) Take the form, along with other required docs, to the MM2H immigration office and fork out RM1,500 (refundable) in cash for the bond. Pay RM90 per year for your visa which is valid for 10 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
I was in the office for about an hour and a half and left with a visa and a smile. Others were less lucky as the 'system' had been down for several hours.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 5:34 am
Just Joined

joy2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Security Bond

Originally Posted by heliaviator
To answer my own question:
1) Fill out the bond form, including getting a spouse or other random person to complete para 2, and someone to witness your signature.
2) Take said form to the stamping department of a Malaysian income tax office and get it stamped for the princely sum of RM10.
3) Take the form, along with other required docs, to the MM2H immigration office and fork out RM1,500 (refundable) in cash for the bond. Pay RM90 per year for your visa which is valid for 10 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
I was in the office for about an hour and a half and left with a visa and a smile. Others were less lucky as the 'system' had been down for several hours.
Hi Heliaviator,

Thanks for sharing this. I am planning to go to Malaysia soon to finish off the rest of the process as well. If you don't mind let me ask a few more questions.

1. So I understand I can get stamped first. Thought I need to pay the security bond first before stamping. Can you let me know which income tax office you went? I know that there are several income tax offices in KL. I assume I can go any one of income tax offices.
Just for your ref, below is a link to the list of income tax offices.
Malaysia Income Tax Offices - incometax.my

2. You mentioned "Pay RM90 per year for your visa". Thought I need to pay RM900 upfront or less depending on the validity of my passport in order to get the social visit visa?

3. Do I get MEV (multiple entry visa) at the same time as the social visit visa? Do I need to pay upfront for MEV as well together with the social visit visa fee?

Appreciate it if you can share your experience.