Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

Requirement for succesful applicartion

Requirement for succesful applicartion

Old Feb 8th 2017, 6:14 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Requirement for succesful applicartion

Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland
Unfortunately trying to consolidate a lot of information before weekend as flying on Sunday.

Apologizes if too many questions in this short place of time.

But when you get a call that someone on death bed has term reduced from years to months then weeks to live you can act slightly irrationally. The rush is in relation about supporting the survivor.
It's not about the number of questions you are asking but more about the quality of the advice

I don't think you are the first to go down the Labuan route but no-one has ever posted here about their experience - maybe you'll be the first
Old Feb 8th 2017, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
It's not about the number of questions you are asking but more about the quality of the advice

I don't think you are the first to go down the Labuan route but no-one has ever posted here about their experience - maybe you'll be the first
Don't get me wrong we are meeting with advisors but always go in prepared with some background information, even if it later is clarified as being misleading the wider conversation is better than coming in with nothing. Advisors can be lazy and single minded.

I find the responses help with initial pointing towards further research. For example I have never heard of this Labuan route.

Thanks to all so far
Old Feb 9th 2017, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland
Don't get me wrong we are meeting with advisors but always go in prepared with some background information, even if it later is clarified as being misleading the wider conversation is better than coming in with nothing. Advisors can be lazy and single minded.

I find the responses help with initial pointing towards further research. For example I have never heard of this Labuan route.

Thanks to all so far
One thing I remember about Labuan from when I worked there is that it has the lowest mountain in the world.
Used to be in the Guinness Book of Records, Bukit something or other located on the Labuan Golf course.

Akchewlee another thing I remember about Labuan was playing squash there one evening and about halfway through a ladder match someone started banging on the door to get in.
To cut a long story short the guy who was banging on the door when I opened it was very angry and had had a few drinks, he was an Iban businessman he held out the palm of his hand and said to me that 'tomorrow night your head will be sitting there'.
Old Feb 9th 2017, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg
One thing I remember about Labuan from when I worked there is that it has the lowest mountain in the world.
Used to be in the Guinness Book of Records, Bukit something or other located on the Labuan Golf course.

Akchewlee another thing I remember about Labuan was playing squash there one evening and about halfway through a ladder match someone started banging on the door to get in.
To cut a long story short the guy who was banging on the door when I opened it was very angry and had had a few drinks, he was an Iban businessman he held out the palm of his hand and said to me that 'tomorrow night your head will be sitting there'.
I'd be hanging on the door trying to get out. Low fitness, low squash skill set.

Golf I like
Old Feb 11th 2017, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone actually lives on Labuan except the banking staff that manage accounts, the hotel staff, and the people associated with the "entertainment industry" (KTV, Guest Relation Officers) that are there to make life somewhat interesting for the transient visitors doing some short-term banking. Because of Labuan's special tax status there's a bit of a smuggling industry between the island and Sabah.

Odd place.