Renewal Time.

Old May 20th 2020, 7:30 am
Just Joined

ken911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewal Time.

Anyone with recent experience of renewing MM2H on FD basis? I would appreciate any advice or thoughts from members of the forum, especially on 2 questions that I have.

1. Confirmation of the requirement to show income over 10k as some have suggested in the past, and at least one agent states on their website.

2. I have noticed on searching through previous (but quite historic) posts, that the Police Clearance Certificate may be required for the renewal.

Any other help appreciated.
Old May 21st 2020, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal Time.

This may be superfluous, but there have been several changes in way of working at the MM2H department due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Several announcements were made on their website: Malaysia My Second Home Official Portal - MM2H Official Portal

1. Others stated that no financial check was performed during the renewal procedure.
2. I don't know.
Old May 21st 2020, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SushiFan
This may be superfluous, but there have been several changes in way of working at the MM2H department due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Several announcements were made on their website: Malaysia My Second Home Official Portal - MM2H Official Portal

1. Others stated that no financial check was performed during the renewal procedure.
2. I don't know.
Many Thanks for the most helpful info. The links on the website were particularly helpful.
Regarding item 2, i have since been informed that this is not necessary.
Once again

Many Thanks.
Old May 22nd 2020, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

I had it done last year.
For myself and my wife.
Through an agent.
Needed to provide the Lien letter for the FD
Medical cert any clinic @ RM50:-
Original approval letter
Sign some forms.
That was all required. (No insurance requirement as >60 years old)
It took a couple of weeks to get the stamps in the PP
Old May 22nd 2020, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

PS, the medical cert must be the official MM2H form (Borang RBII, latest version)
Old May 22nd 2020, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gunnar45
I had it done last year.
For myself and my wife.
Through an agent.
Needed to provide the Lien letter for the FD
Medical cert any clinic @ RM50:-
Original approval letter
Sign some forms.
That was all required. (No insurance requirement as >60 years old)
It took a couple of weeks to get the stamps in the PP
Very useful once again, and I thank you. Appreciate the advice.

As an aside, the agent has said that the renewals applied for in February have not been received yet. Slightly worrying.