MM2H Foreigner e-gate

Old Dec 29th 2017, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice
Default Re: MM2H Foreigner e-gate

I recently exited Penang Airport and the IO asked me if I had an e-Gate card yet. Was pretty tired so too lazy to get into a discussion about it but when I said no she suggested going and registering for one. Makes me wonder whether it's because a gate is due to open at Penang any time soon? Also got me wondering whether, if I'd said yes, there was something she could / would have done with it vs checking / offering a stamp in the passport?

Plan to ask them when I return to Penang next, no problem taking the time to go and get one if I can get to use it, not interested if it is only in use at Kuala Lumpur.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

heliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant future

Had a bit of difficulty coming through the e-gate this time. None of them was able to read my passport, and then my fingerprints weren't recognised once I had overcome the initial problem. Consulted a nearby officer who advised:

1) Push down on the data page of your passport when the machine is reading it.
2) Place fingers close together on the fingerprint reader (not apart as shown in the instructions)

Whizzed through after that 😁
Old Jan 27th 2018, 4:26 am
Now a MM2Her.

Scuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond reputeScuba Tyke has a reputation beyond repute

Good tips, thanks for sharing.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

I tried exiting through the usual diplomatic gates in Penang yesterday and was told I could not use this route with MM2H. I also spotted that there are egates now in Penang airport but was told that they were only for Malaysians. Has anyone registered for egates in KL and then used the gates in Penang?
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:41 am
Just Joined

heliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant futureheliaviator has a brilliant future

There are e-gates and Foreigner e-gates, they are different. Only Malaysians can use the e-gates, only foreigners with long term resident permits, who have registered for Foreigner e-gate use, can use the Foreigner e-gates. At KLIA the e-gates for Malaysians are in the centre, the Foreigner e-gates are on the left (both entering and leaving the country).
Old Feb 6th 2018, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

ssoomro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by heliaviator
There are e-gates and Foreigner e-gates, they are different. Only Malaysians can use the e-gates, only foreigners with long term resident permits, who have registered for Foreigner e-gate use, can use the Foreigner e-gates. At KLIA the e-gates for Malaysians are in the centre, the Foreigner e-gates are on the left (both entering and leaving the country).
This is a good point to remember..e-gates for foreigners are 'different' from e-gates for Malaysians..please ask the attendants where the foreign e-gates are...

Mr. Aviator also posted some very useful tips ..press DOWN on your passport and keep your fingers closer together.. i have had some annoying time at e-gates but if you follow the advise above.. it will be a smoother passage..