Certified copies

Old Mar 16th 2015, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

AlanK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certified copies

Hi all
Just a question about certified copies and translations of documents that are not in English. My wife and I are both British but live in France. As a result some of our financial documents are in French. As I remember the official (MM2H) web sites quotes "Where original documents are not in English, translation must be done by a qualified translator." Is that a qualified translator in Malaysia or your home country, in our case France? Also, "All copies must be certified TRUE COPIES OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS by EMBASSY /HIGH COMMISSION / NOTARY PUBLIC AND COMMISIONER FOR OATHS REGISTERED IN MALAYSIA / GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL." Does this mean we will have to visit the Malaysian Embassy in Paris to have all our documents certified true copies, or can we use a local Notary Public? Has anybody had a similar situation regarding documents not in English? Thanks for any helping advance. Great forum by the way, loads of good and useful info. Alan.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified copies

I did all my copy certifications at the Malaysian Embassy.
I guess if a local notary, say in France attests, then his signature may have to be verified by the French chamber of commerce or other applicable authority and then this may in turn have to be verified by the MY Embassy.
So, to optimize the efforts I would have it done at the MY Embassy.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 5:39 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alan and welcome to the Malaysia forum. My wife and I were living in France and got our MM2H last year. I would strongly recommend using an agent to do the application for you. We avoided having to get any translations or certifications done in France, they were all done by the agent. They know what will be accepted and what won't which is not necessarily exactly the same as on the MM2H website.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both for your replies. I have spoken to the MY embassy and Min of Tourism in Paris and as expected the paper chase is horrendus!!
Best route would appear to be the use of an agent.
Thanks again
Alan
Old Mar 18th 2015, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

InVinoVeritas
I forgot to ask you, how did you get your letter of good conduct for France?
Cheers
Alan
Old Mar 19th 2015, 4:29 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

It's incredibly easy, Alan. Just go here:-

Demande d'extrait de casier judiciaire (bulletin n°3) - Service-public.fr

It is completely free unlike in the UK.

If you are coming to Penang I would recommend using Alter Domus for the application.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Thank you for that, at least something is going to be really easy!!! We will be settling in Sabah as my wife's family and all our friends are there.
We are just in the process of getting all the paper work together, should be able to go ahead with the application early next month.
Cheers
Alan
Old Mar 19th 2015, 12:37 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alan and welcome to the forum.

My internet is going as slow as a slow thing tonight (kids school holidays in Penang and all the little dears are bunging up the Internet ) but I seem to recall that if you are going to live in Sabah that you have to apply for the MM2H visa in Sabah? Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I am just googling MM2H Sabah application .....and there's a link coming up for the MM2H gov site. You might like to do the same and follow the link (assuming your internet is working better than mine). Unfortunately the page won't load for me. I believe there are agents in Sabah and you may wish to contact one of those? You can find a list of authorised agents on the Gov site.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks baked bean, you are correct we have to apply directly to Sabah, and now I have the agents list. Still getting paper work together.
Cheers
Alan