Urgent

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:45 am
Just Joined

suhaillakhani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent

Hello all,

I would like to know more about renewal of british passport which has expired 20 years back,I would appreciate the response at the earliest
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:47 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent

Originally Posted by suhaillakhani
Hello all,

I would like to know more about renewal of british passport which has expired 20 years back,I would appreciate the response at the earliest
After 20 years, what's the rush matey?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Hello all,

Anyone in the forum who can help me out with this.I stay in India (Bangalore)
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:48 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

http://www.ukpa.gov.uk/

or in India:

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov...=1022256715364

Last edited by DonnaElvira; Sep 1st 2005 at 12:50 am. Reason: just saw his follow-up post...
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
After 20 years, what's the rush matey?
Well we never new the importance of that,so is the rush now....
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:50 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Well we never new the importance of that,so is the rush now....
you tell me...
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:53 am
Just Joined

Hello Donna,
I stay in India.. is there any other way to go ahead with the process..
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:56 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Donna,
I stay in India.. is there any other way to go ahead with the process..

(sigh)

The name is ELVIRA!

Why, what information is missing from the British High Commission site? Can you be a little more specific?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
(sigh)

The name is ELVIRA!

Why, what information is missing from the British High Commission site? Can you be a little more specific?
Sorry .. I said Donna instead of Elvira
Well i have taken the printout of the application for the UK passport.Do you have any idea if the passport will be renewed after 20 years of expiry.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:06 am
Homebody

Sorry .. I said Donna instead of Elvira
Well i have taken the printout of the application for the UK passport.Do you have any idea if the passport will be renewed after 20 years of expiry.

I don't think the length of expiry is the issue. But you'll need to prove that you are eligible for a British passport, i.e. that you are indeed a British citizen. I imagine the documents required haven't changed much in the past 20 years
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
I don't think the length of expiry is the issue. But you'll need to prove that you are eligible for a British passport, i.e. that you are indeed a British citizen. I imagine the documents required haven't changed much in the past 20 years
Ok..well regarding the eligibility.. i have the original passport..and the birth certificate also..This is basically my mother's passport who has never travelled back to UK after her marriage in 1973.All the documents are in good condition.If you have any other updates you can email me on <<email address removed to protect privacy. Never give out your email address on a public forum. - PM Member for contact details>>
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:32 am
Just Joined

Ok..well regarding the eligibility.. i have the original passport..and the birth certificate also..This is basically my mother's passport who has never travelled back to UK after her marriage in 1973.All the documents are in good condition.If you have any other updates you can email me on .

Ok Elvira..thank you very much..have a good day and take care..bye
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 1:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Ok..well regarding the eligibility.. i have the original passport..and the birth certificate also..This is basically my mother's passport who has never travelled back to UK after her marriage in 1973.All the documents are in good condition.If you have any other updates you can email me on <<email address removed to protect privacy. Never give out your email address on a public forum. - PM Member for contact details>>

There's no problem renewing a British passport after 20 years provided British nationality has not been lost meanwhile. Not an issue for British citizens but perhaps it is possible if you originally had British nationality by connection with a former colony.

It's impossible to give any specific information without knowing how and when did the person concerned acquire British nationality.

Jeremy