Reload this Page >

Moving to the carribean and Visas

Moving to the carribean and Visas

Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Nicksyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to the carribean and Visas

HI
Im new to this site and have been looking around and couldnt find an answer to my problem so thought i would do my first post.
My partner and i are looking into moving to the carribeans late next year. We are looking at Aruba, Curaceo or a bit further afield Fiji.
My partner works for Marriott so he would be able to get all of his visas processed through them, however I would need to sort out my own visas.
My question is this - Would the fact that we are not married and that i have been discharged from a bankruptcy affect the process?
We have planned on getting married in the next couple of years but was hoping to do this abroad and i'm now thinking that we could get married here then have a blessing abroad. Im not applying for a work visa (going to be a kept woman ) so would this make it slightly easier.
I hope this made sense and thank you for your responses in advance.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:58 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the carribean and Visas

Originally Posted by Nicksyb
HI
Im new to this site and have been looking around and couldnt find an answer to my problem so thought i would do my first post.
My partner and i are looking into moving to the carribeans late next year. We are looking at Aruba, Curaceo or a bit further afield Fiji.
My partner works for Marriott so he would be able to get all of his visas processed through them, however I would need to sort out my own visas.
My question is this - Would the fact that we are not married and that i have been discharged from a bankruptcy affect the process?
We have planned on getting married in the next couple of years but was hoping to do this abroad and i'm now thinking that we could get married here then have a blessing abroad. Im not applying for a work visa (going to be a kept woman ) so would this make it slightly easier.
I hope this made sense and thank you for your responses in advance.
You may be better of getting married first as it may be easier for you as his legal spouse because anywhere you go will want to know how are you going to support yourself there and your partner does not have any legal obligation to support you until you are married.