Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Looking to setup a Yacht Charter

Looking to setup a Yacht Charter

Old Jul 29th 2004, 12:33 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Evencry
She will be around 5 when we setup, just ready to start school
We decided some time ago that we wanted to move abroad in order to have a better lifestyle than we currently enjoy and are doing our homework now and re-structuring our finances etc to be ready to go. I have told the missus that we will be going before I am 40!

My wife teaches so as far as education for Elizabeth (our daughter) goes it should not be a problem although socially she would miss out if we didb't have a base/regular school etc. This is something we are acutely aware of, this is making us look more to the Canaries.

Here's a thought, we could spend 10 years in the Canaries and then go to the Caribbean when she leaves school!
well it seems you're doing your homework :lecture: and have things sussed, good luck to you!
Old Jul 29th 2004, 1:26 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ksct97
..seems i was wrong, though i still sure the east coast as i mentioned as a place to look at is still fairly pirate free... anyway, the bit you're looking at is allth e way from south china down the west coast, and definetly the isalnds around there and into indonesia. but as siad before, all this is academic

at least i got people talking!
sending you a pm as don't want to hijack the thread
Old Sep 26th 2005, 7:58 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to setup a Yacht Charter

I'd be looking at a Sun Odyssey/First 47.7 I reckon- good strong boats. Any of the Beneteaus/Sun Odyssey's/First's. The Bavarias are good value for a new boat as well though with the keel isssue at the moment you'd have to double check your stats on it.

Chartering is good money but it's all about contacts and accessibility as most people will have decided their charter company before landing. If you end up in Crete you can do the summer there then spin round to somewhere like Dubai or the Red Sea for winter.