Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

IP addresses and internet banking

IP addresses and internet banking

Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:52 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default IP addresses and internet banking

As some will have read my bank has told me that I can no longer
get on line with them as I have an indian IP address when I log on.
There is a new system that is being used by banks
I wrote to the Treasury and part of the contents are below - not sure
how many other countries are inlcuded.
Is there any way to not let the bank know your IP address - I am broke
and computer stupid!!!

From what I have been able to gauge, your inability to access your internet banking is caused by the introduction of a security service that monitors the customer's source IP address and rejects it if it does not meet the criteria set. Currently they reject India as a valid address. I understand that the banks may be reviewing their policies for this particular security service at the moment.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IP addresses and internet banking

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
Is there any way to not let the bank know your IP address - ]
http://www.netconceal.com/a.php

http://www.downloadjunction.com/prod...085/index.html

and lots more