Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Finally got my citizenship!!

Finally got my citizenship!!

Old May 20th 2006, 1:51 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Finally got my citizenship!!

after lengthy protracted expensive red tape procedure I'm finally a St.Vincent and Grenadine citizen!!

talk about pain in the arse! being a Trinidad National and Brit citizen I thought it would be easy - nooooo! After losing all my paperwork somewhere in the immigration department they made me do it all again, which takes friggin ages, had to apply for a new Brit passport as current one was full - but visa was in it so they threatened to deport me coz I had no actual visa (coz it was in the passport in Barbados!!) how stupid could they be! have they never encountered this before?

anyway, all done now, no more 3 month visa stamps and trouble
Old Jul 10th 2006, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

_Tropical_11th is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finally got my citizenship!!

Originally Posted by islandmom
after lengthy protracted expensive red tape procedure I'm finally a St.Vincent and Grenadine citizen!!

talk about pain in the arse! being a Trinidad National and Brit citizen I thought it would be easy - nooooo! After losing all my paperwork somewhere in the immigration department they made me do it all again, which takes friggin ages, had to apply for a new Brit passport as current one was full - but visa was in it so they threatened to deport me coz I had no actual visa (coz it was in the passport in Barbados!!) how stupid could they be! have they never encountered this before?

anyway, all done now, no more 3 month visa stamps and trouble
Eh-eh--- respect! You've get your Vincy paper work, eh? congrats man! Ah never been there but the singer Beckett is a distant relation of mine... Let us know how your liking it in Vincy.... *grin*

You know something.

I don't know how up to date you are on Caribbean news. But if you could have held out just a little while longer that political union that Trinidad and Tobago was talking about with Grenada and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines(and possibly Barbados.) might have gone thru for you. :-)

Well as a national of Vincy, if you ever put thru the paper work to be recognized as a skilled person within the Caribbean Community you'll be able to hop-from island to island unhindered. :-)

~_Tropical_11th