Cape Verde

Old May 25th 2008, 12:32 pm
Banned

overseaswills is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cape Verde

Can anyone comment on Cape Verde. I havent yet visited but hear many good reports.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:39 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cape Verde

Yes it is a nice place. Geting developed rapidly. It has a very good airport.

Get there by boat from Dakar which is good, and can fly from Senegal and UK I believe. There is a Brazilian / Moz flight - because it is a former Portuguese colony. There is a new trade in ripping off people who want to sent up faqntastic houses on the beach!!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

tush is an unknown quantity at this point

Cape Verde
Island of Sal
visited Oct 2007

If you like the thought of holidaying on a sand dune with only building cranes and concrete structures to look at, enjoy the company of property sales reps and developers, love to eat nothing more than fast food, then this is for you.
Oh and take lots of money with you, cause you will need it
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:26 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tush
Cape Verde
Island of Sal
visited Oct 2007

If you like the thought of holidaying on a sand dune with only building cranes and concrete structures to look at, enjoy the company of property sales reps and developers, love to eat nothing more than fast food, then this is for you.
Oh and take lots of money with you, cause you will need it
I can see you have been there. Try Dakar next time.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Yes I have but never again
It's all part of the adventure of travel.
I will look at Dakar you must have been to recommend it?
Old Jun 19th 2008, 8:52 am
Banned

Yes, I live in Gambia and travel via Dakar quite often.

These two countries are significantly less well developed than Cape Verde - and perhaps more adventurous.

You may not wish to walk down a dark alley within Dakar wearing gold and carrying what is obviously a large amount of money though.

Gambia and Mali are nice, Sierra Leonne is fabulous but a little challenging at present.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:43 am
Just Joined

sally456 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I've been to Cape Verde Once before with my partner and its such a lovely place. Lovely people, great food and HOT WEATHER! I've now been living in Cyprus for the past 2 years with my partner and now 1 year old child. As much as we love living here in Cyprus we just fancy a change on scenery and i'd really love to move to Cape Verde. Mainly Sal island. Its such a beautiful island. I'm now looking into buying a cheap condo over there and hopefully we'll be moved over there within the next 6 months!

(SNIP)

Regards
Sally

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 2nd 2008 at 10:20 am. Reason: Unsolicited URL removed
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sally

I am not trying to be rude or clever but please tell me and the others what is lovely about Sal apart from the beach at Santa Maria and where did you find the great food?
I drove around the island and all I saw was hundreds of part built concrete structures with cranes sticking out of them, sand lots and lots of it desert like infect no scenic views totaly flat except for two humps that looked like a huge camel in the distance no lush tropical flora and the only wild life was hundreds of cockroaches.

What future has it got? another overbuilt overcrowded tourist destination
and pretty expensive at that

Tush