Atlantis Bahamas??

Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:07 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Atlantis Bahamas??

has anyone ever stayed there? we're going in Oct and would love to hear anyones opinions on the place
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlantis Bahamas??

Originally Posted by islandmom
has anyone ever stayed there? we're going in Oct and would love to hear anyones opinions on the place
Yes I have, although we didn't stay in the main hotel we stayed in the annexe ..... we were there when Princess Diana's car crashed so it was a few years ago!!!

We had the use of the whole hotel though ..... You'll love it ... you must be rolling in cash!!

Iirc it has a waterpark in the grounds and huge water tanks like in Seaworld Florida with fish, turtles etc. Beach is wonderful, hotel is fantastic.

One word of warning. We often walked over the Bridge and down to Nassau for dinner having been told it was fine. A week after we got back a tourist was shot on the other side, so always use a taxi!!

Id put some pics up for you but they are all packed in boxes at moment whilst building being done
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:40 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes I have, although we didn't stay in the main hotel we stayed in the annexe ..... we were there when Princess Diana's car crashed so it was a few years ago!!!

We had the use of the whole hotel though ..... You'll love it ... you must be rolling in cash!!

Iirc it has a waterpark in the grounds and huge water tanks like in Seaworld Florida with fish, turtles etc. Beach is wonderful, hotel is fantastic.

One word of warning. We often walked over the Bridge and down to Nassau for dinner having been told it was fine. A week after we got back a tourist was shot on the other side, so always use a taxi!!

Id put some pics up for you but they are all packed in boxes at moment whilst building being done
thanks MB! we're looking to wind down after 3 manic weeks in the US beforehand (Disney and Miami) so want a place we just stay at, keep the kids entertained and dont need to venture out.

dont know about loaded but I know how to spend what we have LOL!!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandmom
thanks MB! we're looking to wind down after 3 manic weeks in the US beforehand (Disney and Miami) so want a place we just stay at, keep the kids entertained and dont need to venture out.

dont know about loaded but I know how to spend what we have LOL!!

Thats what we did .... disney, gulf coast and paradise island.
There is a river rapids in the grounds where you can float round in a tube, and also a jungle walk. But just wandering around the grounds with the turtles was lovely. Oh and iirc there is an underground observation tube chamber as well, like in seaworld, so you can watch the fish. Grounds go straight on to the beach which had security when we were there.

I'm very jealous now