Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Ascension Island to Cayman.... perhaps!

Ascension Island to Cayman.... perhaps!

Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

subwoofer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ascension Island to Cayman.... perhaps!

After many years on Ascension Island, my wife and I was to move to another island. Favourites at the moment are Cayman and the Seychelles. Any advice out there on where to start and the pro's and cons of living there?
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:59 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all
Default Re: Ascension Island to Cayman.... perhaps!

Originally Posted by subwoofer
After many years on Ascension Island, my wife and I was to move to another island. Favourites at the moment are Cayman and the Seychelles. Any advice out there on where to start and the pro's and cons of living there?
I understand you have something to do with maintaining aircraft, if that is the vase, you could approach Cayman Airways (search the web for their site,) or Island Air (again, their site is on the web.)

Cayman is great for a few years, but not a long term option, if for no other reason that you get thrown off after seven years (or rolled over.)

Have you considered Oz?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

subwoofer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baz
I understand you have something to do with maintaining aircraft, if that is the vase, you could approach Cayman Airways (search the web for their site,) or Island Air (again, their site is on the web.)

Cayman is great for a few years, but not a long term option, if for no other reason that you get thrown off after seven years (or rolled over.)

Have you considered Oz?
Hi Baz,
I have Cayman Airways website on my favourites but there doesnt appear to be any vacancies at the moment. I did send my CV speculativley but have no reply. Oz? Mmmmm maybe, is my trade on the skilled migrants list?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 7:10 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by subwoofer
Hi Baz,
I have Cayman Airways website on my favourites but there doesnt appear to be any vacancies at the moment. I did send my CV speculativley but have no reply. Oz? Mmmmm maybe, is my trade on the skilled migrants list?
Can't say i'm suprised mate, things don't work in Cayman, like they do in the rest of the world. Getting things done can be a bit of a headache.

You can look at the DIMIA website to see if you are on the skills list, or if you are more serious, for a nominal fee this migration agent will asses your application for you http://austimmigration.com.au/site/?q=node/23 i have had friends use him before and have heard nothing but good things.