is there any work

Old Aug 1st 2014, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

patrick1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is there any work

hi
we want to move to Ireland but my worry is I keep hearing there is not much work? im in the building trade in England but my plan is to move to Ireland and set up a window cleaning business. I also would like to no if car insurance is expensive as I already no its expensive to tax it.

many thanks
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is there any work

Ireland has over 11% unemployment and has the 5th largest unemployment level in the OECD. Its only topped by Spain, Portugal, Italy and Slovakia.

The UK by comparison has 7%.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Ireland has over 11% unemployment and has the 5th largest unemployment level in the OECD. Its only topped by Spain, Portugal, Italy and Slovakia.

The UK by comparison has 7%.
Again not correct, as there are far more people in the UK doing courses and they aren't classed as unemployed. You also have to consider that many people don't want lower paid jobs, because they bought property during the boom. Ireland has a younger population and youth unemployment is high in every country. As everywhere, it always depends on the area. My neighbour is in the building trade and has plenty of work. Had a carpenter do some work and was complaining he's too busy. Companies in my area are recruiting more than ever and you always have jobs in catering, retail, sales that are available. Car insurance can be expensive for young drivers, or people with no history. My partner and I pay €350 a year fully comprehensive. Ireland certainly isn't as bad as people want to make it, but you need to be flexible these days.

Last edited by Moses2013; Aug 2nd 2014 at 9:48 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

mrhappygolucky will become famous soon enoughmrhappygolucky will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Again not correct, as there are far more people in the UK doing courses and they aren't classed as unemployed. You also have to consider that many people don't want lower paid jobs, because they bought property during the boom. Ireland has a younger population and youth unemployment is high in every country. As everywhere, it always depends on the area. My neighbour is in the building trade and has plenty of work. Had a carpenter do some work and was complaining he's too busy. Companies in my area are recruiting more than ever and you always have jobs in catering, retail, sales that are available. Car insurance can be expensive for young drivers, or people with no history. My partner and I pay €350 a year fully comprehensive. Ireland certainly isn't as bad as people want to make it, but you need to be flexible these days.
Ireland massages the true unemployment figures as well. Jobbridge, CE Schemes, Tus Schemes and a new one soon to be unveiled Pathway. Plenty of minimum pay jobs €8.65 an hour, but what sort of life will you have on such a small wage?
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrhappygolucky
Ireland massages the true unemployment figures as well. Jobbridge, CE Schemes, Tus Schemes and a new one soon to be unveiled Pathway. Plenty of minimum pay jobs €8.65 an hour, but what sort of life will you have on such a small wage?
Of course they all massage the figures, but in the UK even more. There's not only minimum wage jobs and some people can manage + it's still higher than many other countries. If you don't spend all your money on alcohol and cigarettes I don't see a problem.