Queries

Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Kelbo100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Queries

Hi all,

I'm new on here and have recently been considering moving to ireland, working in dublin.

I have friends who all live and work over there so i have people willing to share a home with me and i work as an events programmer and could transfer to the dublin office but have been told the pay is not the best. I just am very anxious about actually moving. As my job allows me to live so independently over here.

Is it feasible?
Would my quality of life suffer or improve?

I realise i'm not asking any specific questions, just would love to hear someone else's opinion.

If someone could offer any advice on moving it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Gulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to all
Default Re: Queries

Originally Posted by Kelbo100
Hi all,

I'm new on here and have recently been considering moving to ireland, working in dublin.

I have friends who all live and work over there so i have people willing to share a home with me and i work as an events programmer and could transfer to the dublin office but have been told the pay is not the best. I just am very anxious about actually moving. As my job allows me to live so independently over here.

Is it feasible?
Would my quality of life suffer or improve?

I realise i'm not asking any specific questions, just would love to hear someone else's opinion.

If someone could offer any advice on moving it would be greatly appreciated.
What quality of life do you have where you are?

Ireland is falling into a recession these days so things may well get a bit rough ...
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Kelbo100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gulf Stream
What quality of life do you have where you are?

Ireland is falling into a recession these days so things may well get a bit rough ...
Well i live on my own here, have enough disposable income for a good social life.

My health is a big issue as i have chronic asthma and other complications that require regular doctors appointments.

As for recession, england is fast approaching that too.

Would it be a backwards move to relocate?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 1:14 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Well i live on my own here, have enough disposable income for a good social life.

My health is a big issue as i have chronic asthma and other complications that require regular doctors appointments.

Depends whats important in your life right now?

If its lifestyle, you doing the right thing imo. Im two weeks away from Dublin and i couldnt be happier leaving London, its brutal down here. If theres a recession in Ireland, theres gonna be one here aswell. Im looking forward to my leisure time over there, ive never not enjoyed my time in Ireland.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 1:31 pm
Heading to WA

roamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really nice

If you do go make sure you get private health care cover which covers these pre-existing conditions. Health care is not free in Ireland - €40 a pop for a doctor's appointment alone, nevermind a charge for writing the prescription, then paying for the medicene...

I assume you mean 'backwards' in relation to your career rather than the country? As with other cities, events is very networking based. Wherever you move to, you'd be making new contacts, starting over.
You could start off with a job in a hotel or conference centre, then work from there.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:43 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

recession who say we get there ? the irish gov have say think are getting hard times and thay want to cut back on there public spending by saveing 2 billion euros this year and next year , yes thinks are get quit around ireland . but this going on all over the Eu area

in spain i can see it aswell as what happen in Ireland
€40 a pop for a doctor's appointment alone avg is about 60 euros
You could start off with a job in a hotel or conference centre, then work from there , this one industry that been hit hard hotel are not filling at all
paint is 5 euros here and 20 cigarettes are 7 .60 petorl is 1.35 per ltr rent a house will cost 1,000 euros - 1,500 for 3 - 4 bedroom in majors citys (galway Dublin )
day to day cost for lunch you pay 10.00 euros for pub food and 20 euros are more for a good meal at night that per person parking is avg 2.00 euros - 3 euros per hour on streets where permit are used
cost for flim is 8 .00 euro at night time + you pop corn extra
heading to live evnt like one big bands would be 60 - 80 euros
Tommy Tiernan is an Irish comedian, actor and writer playying in dublin cost 40.00 euros
the cost just keep adding up here in ireland
that why i moved to spain and you tax on you wages are hightest in the EU with VAT of 21% add to all goods from bills water food books
for every 20 euros off fuel you put in to you car you pay the 16.38 on tax to the irish govrment
"rip of ireland" and that event made a tv program about it eiddy hobbs

Last edited by jurdyr; Jul 20th 2008 at 4:58 pm. Reason: uopdating post