Places To Visit

Old Jun 21st 2012, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Places To Visit

We are spending two weeks in a Wicklow farm cottage but will be overnighting in B&Bs on the first and last nights near Malahide. Can you recommend anywhere worth spending a few hours given that it stays light until well after 8pm at this time of year. We have an 8yo daughter to entertain.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 7:52 am
Banned

Joe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to all
Default Re: Places To Visit

Originally Posted by mentalist
We are spending two weeks in a Wicklow farm cottage but will be overnighting in B&Bs on the first and last nights near Malahide. Can you recommend anywhere worth spending a few hours given that it stays light until well after 8pm at this time of year. We have an 8yo daughter to entertain.
I live in Malahide so I can advise you.
If the weather is good Malahide beach is lovely. If not, you can go to Malahide Castle and Demense (park). The park has an adventure playground which would suit an 8 year old. You can also take a walk around Malahide Marina and look at the boats and yachts.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Horus has a spectacular aura aboutHorus has a spectacular aura aboutHorus has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Places To Visit

If you travelling as far as Malahide you might as well go a few minutes further and visit Newbridge House and Farm at Donabate. I love it there so would imagine your family would! I think it's €4 you get into the farm but well worth it.

Glendalough could also be worth a visit while your down in Wicklow.