Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

moving and working in ireland and other things

moving and working in ireland and other things

Old May 12th 2014, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

catherine33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving and working in ireland and other things

Hello, im at that age now I want to move to ireland how easy would it be for me my husband and 3 children to buy a house over there will we fit in im second generation irish and always knew one day I would return for good. My husband is a bt telephone engineer and would like a similar job where would we look for such jobs thanks in advance living in the uk at the moment.
Old May 15th 2014, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Default Re: moving and working in ireland and other things

Mayb moving to galway or west cork what are the better two for children??
Old May 15th 2014, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catherine33
Mayb moving to galway or west cork what are the better two for children??
Don't really know Cork that well, but live in Co. Galway and love it. It's possible to buy a house, however Galway City will obviously be more expensive than surrounding areas. You can look on Daft.ie or myhome.ie. Depending on area or condition you can find anything from 30K to a million. Would just google for companies in Galway and I'm sure you'll find something.
Old May 16th 2014, 11:19 am
Just Joined

bristolmp is an unknown quantity at this point

www.eircom.net look after the phone lines in Ireland. Your husband could also try emobile and meteor which I believe are part of the same group.
Old May 17th 2014, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply I do prefer galway was looking at oranmore or athenry do you know if these any two places are any good to settle down in hope ive got the spellings right
Old May 19th 2014, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply I do prefer galway was looking at oranmore or athenry do you know if these any two places are any good to settle down in hope ive got the spellings right
Both places are a good choice if you don't like living in the city, but still want all amenities close by. Oranmore is closer to Galway and will be a bit more expensive when it comes to housing. You have Tesco and Lidl and it's by the sea. Athenry has good connections to Galway thanks to the Motorway, train station and will be a bit cheaper for property. You have a Joyces supermarket there. Saying that I think Athenry definitely has a lot of potential and when things pick up investment will happen again. There are a few estates and you can get a fairly new 3 bed semi for 150K, then you have the choice of some rural properties around Athenry.
Old May 19th 2014, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

I be over hopefully over in galway in july and have a really good look and the feel of the place, one more question sorry to be a pest!! A little confused about seeing the doctor over in ireland as I hear you have to pay each time you go as im a regular visitor to the quack how does it work not like here in the uk no doubt one call for an appointment and your seen without a fee aggggh im so confused how it works in eire � ����
Old May 20th 2014, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I be over hopefully over in galway in july and have a really good look and the feel of the place, one more question sorry to be a pest!! A little confused about seeing the doctor over in ireland as I hear you have to pay each time you go as im a regular visitor to the quack how does it work not like here in the uk no doubt one call for an appointment and your seen without a fee aggggh im so confused how it works in eire ������
You might find this useful. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...es.html#l1f4da

Should answer all your questions.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Nejib1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, everybody im new in the forum and i need really advice im tunisian and wife is British we live now in uk look for doing surrinder singh in irland wich steps can i do it before and after arriving in irland or can i just turn on to the border and they let me in with my wife together and thinks for evryone can advise me
Old Jan 4th 2015, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

mrhappygolucky will become famous soon enoughmrhappygolucky will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nejib1977
Hi, everybody im new in the forum and i need really advice im tunisian and wife is British we live now in uk look for doing surrinder singh in irland wich steps can i do it before and after arriving in irland or can i just turn on to the border and they let me in with my wife together and thinks for evryone can advise me
Bring a large wheelbarrow with you.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

LostBrit99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats the wheelbarrow for? What does that mean lol ?
Old Jan 7th 2015, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nejib1977

You will need a visa before you are able to get on a flight to Ireland.

You might want to join the following groups on Facebook:
-SS RIGHTS, EEA FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT, Family its a Human right!!
-Surinder Singh Route- EU Free Movement - Advice Centre & Support Group
-EU FREE MOVEMENT DIRECTIVE/2004/38/C

I haven't been through SS but I'm sure they people on FB can provide more insight.