Moving Scotland to Cork

Old Mar 1st 2014, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

wallace123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Scotland to Cork

Im a 24 year old swim coach /lifeguard and want to move to Cork. Im not really sure where to start. Do i need any working visas before i apply for a job or does my employer do it for me ? I have read finding accomodation isnt that difficult (hopefully true lol) What should be my first move ? Any advice would be appreciated
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving Scotland to Cork

Originally Posted by wallace123
Im a 24 year old swim coach /lifeguard and want to move to Cork. Im not really sure where to start. Do i need any working visas before i apply for a job or does my employer do it for me ? I have read finding accomodation isnt that difficult (hopefully true lol) What should be my first move ? Any advice would be appreciated
Firstly why do you want to move to Cork?

No visa required.

Easy to rent a house in Cork for €8-900 a month, maybe house share for 4-500 for some where decent.

Look on daft.ie for house prices etc.

The chances of a job is slim to none.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wallace123
As sickntired mentioned why do you want to move to Cork? However, it shouldn't be a problem getting a job depending what you want to do and your skills. There are plenty of tech jobs and minimum wage jobs are always available. If you want to be a lifeguard, you'd better ask the council if there are any jobs for the summer. You don't need a Visa if you are an EU national.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Kevrev is an unknown quantity at this point

Jobs websites: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812672
Old Aug 10th 2014, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

KirstieLeighAnn is an unknown quantity at this point

How difficult would it be to find a job in Cork?
Old Aug 13th 2014, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Killangilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Finding a job in Cork? About the same as finding a job in the UK.
You need to match the skills and experience that employers are looking for.