British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Republic of Ireland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/republic-ireland-88/)
-   -   Moving to Naas... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/republic-ireland-88/moving-naas-798693/)

Liam M May 31st 2013 10:27 am

Moving to Naas...

Hi, I'm moving to Ireland from Chester, England and have been "advised" by my company to look at Naas (purely business reasons).

I was wondering if anyone had any advice/thoughts on what Naas (and the surrounding area - Clane, Newbridge, Kilcullen) is like to live in as a young, single man?

I'm going to either working from home or travelling to visit customers, so I'm wondering whether there is much of a social scene (sports clubs - squash, football etc.), and anything in the way of some nice local pubs. Also are the amenities/facilities any good?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

sickntired May 31st 2013 7:15 pm

Re: Moving to Naas...

Originally Posted by Liam M (Post 10734042)
Hi, I'm moving to Ireland from Chester, England and have been "advised" by my company to look at Naas (purely business reasons).

I was wondering if anyone had any advice/thoughts on what Naas (and the surrounding area - Clane, Newbridge, Kilcullen) is like to live in as a young, single man?

I'm going to either working from home or travelling to visit customers, so I'm wondering whether there is much of a social scene (sports clubs - squash, football etc.), and anything in the way of some nice local pubs. Also are the amenities/facilities any good?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

I'd stay in Chester if I had a choice.

Liam M Jun 3rd 2013 10:57 am

Originally Posted by sickntired (Post 10734754)
I'd stay in Chester if I had a choice.

Thanks, but not particularly helpful...

nolanger Jun 4th 2013 11:42 am

Kildare has a lot of rough towns but Naas is one of the better areas. Newbridge has more to offer though (amenities, shops, trains).

Liam M Jun 4th 2013 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by nolanger (Post 10740197)
Kildare has a lot of rough towns but Naas is one of the better areas. Newbridge has more to offer though (amenities, shops, trains).

Thanks nolanger.

brum1988 Jun 27th 2013 3:10 pm

Was recently in naas kilcock is not too far away plenty shops bars/pubs there . But as with ireland if anyone is expecting it to be as fast as the uk its far from it .. But over all a friendly more clean and respectful place .. And im uk citizen of irish decent

Liam M Jun 27th 2013 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by brum1988 (Post 10775904)
Was recently in naas kilcock is not too far away plenty shops bars/pubs there . But as with ireland if anyone is expecting it to be as fast as the uk its far from it .. But over all a friendly more clean and respectful place .. And im uk citizen of irish decent

I've just moved to Maynooth, which is perfect. I like the country lifestyle and have found a place just 2 mins outside. I'm a very old 26 it must be said for my taste, give me a small town, nice pubs and I'm happy as Larry.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Londonuck Jun 29th 2013 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Liam M (Post 10775940)
I've just moved to Maynooth, which is perfect. I like the country lifestyle and have found a place just 2 mins outside. I'm a very old 26 it must be said for my taste, give me a small town, nice pubs and I'm happy as Larry.

Thanks for the heads up though.

The Glenroyal used to do an excellent sunday lunch.