Moving to Naas...

Old May 31st 2013, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Liam M is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Naas...

Hi, I'm moving to Ireland from Chester, England and have been "advised" by my company to look at Naas (purely business reasons).

I was wondering if anyone had any advice/thoughts on what Naas (and the surrounding area - Clane, Newbridge, Kilcullen) is like to live in as a young, single man?

I'm going to either working from home or travelling to visit customers, so I'm wondering whether there is much of a social scene (sports clubs - squash, football etc.), and anything in the way of some nice local pubs. Also are the amenities/facilities any good?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Old May 31st 2013, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Naas...

Originally Posted by Liam M
Hi, I'm moving to Ireland from Chester, England and have been "advised" by my company to look at Naas (purely business reasons).

I was wondering if anyone had any advice/thoughts on what Naas (and the surrounding area - Clane, Newbridge, Kilcullen) is like to live in as a young, single man?

I'm going to either working from home or travelling to visit customers, so I'm wondering whether there is much of a social scene (sports clubs - squash, football etc.), and anything in the way of some nice local pubs. Also are the amenities/facilities any good?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
I'd stay in Chester if I had a choice.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sickntired
I'd stay in Chester if I had a choice.
Thanks, but not particularly helpful...
Old Jun 4th 2013, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

nolanger is an unknown quantity at this point

Kildare has a lot of rough towns but Naas is one of the better areas. Newbridge has more to offer though (amenities, shops, trains).
Old Jun 4th 2013, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nolanger
Kildare has a lot of rough towns but Naas is one of the better areas. Newbridge has more to offer though (amenities, shops, trains).
Thanks nolanger.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

brum1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Was recently in naas kilcock is not too far away plenty shops bars/pubs there . But as with ireland if anyone is expecting it to be as fast as the uk its far from it .. But over all a friendly more clean and respectful place .. And im uk citizen of irish decent
Old Jun 27th 2013, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by brum1988
Was recently in naas kilcock is not too far away plenty shops bars/pubs there . But as with ireland if anyone is expecting it to be as fast as the uk its far from it .. But over all a friendly more clean and respectful place .. And im uk citizen of irish decent
I've just moved to Maynooth, which is perfect. I like the country lifestyle and have found a place just 2 mins outside. I'm a very old 26 it must be said for my taste, give me a small town, nice pubs and I'm happy as Larry.

Thanks for the heads up though.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 2:08 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Liam M
I've just moved to Maynooth, which is perfect. I like the country lifestyle and have found a place just 2 mins outside. I'm a very old 26 it must be said for my taste, give me a small town, nice pubs and I'm happy as Larry.

Thanks for the heads up though.
The Glenroyal used to do an excellent sunday lunch.