Moving to Mayo from UK

Old Jul 30th 2011, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

connemara-pony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Mayo from UK

Hello.

We are looking at moving to Co. Mayo. We have a daughter with special needs and have found that there are 4 schools in Mayo for her. At the moment she gets disability living allowance and realise that when we move from the UK this will stop. IS there anything like this in Ireland that she may be eligible for.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 3:12 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Mayo from UK

Originally Posted by connemara-pony
Hello.

We are looking at moving to Co. Mayo. We have a daughter with special needs and have found that there are 4 schools in Mayo for her. At the moment she gets disability living allowance and realise that when we move from the UK this will stop. IS there anything like this in Ireland that she may be eligible for.
Hi there and welcome to B.E.

Just saying hello to give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries can be found here.

I'm not sure how many members live in Ireland but I'm sure someone will be along at some point to help you.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Moving to Mayo from UK

Thank you.

I spent many hours last night reading the info people have put on - it all looks really helpful:
Old Jul 30th 2011, 3:22 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.

I spent many hours last night reading the info people have put on - it all looks really helpful:
I'm please that it has been helpful.

Enjoy B.E.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 8:20 am
Just Joined

HI everyone.

Please can you tell me the following:-

1, Is the house buying purchase in Ireland the same as the UK (not Scotland) as we intend to buy not rent.

2. I read somewhere that you do not pay rates - do you have to pay for refuse collection and water/sewerage.

3. Is there one main telephone company like BT in the UK or can you pick and choose.

4. Is broadband available in remote areas and who is the best supplier.

5. Do we need permission to move to Ireland - my husband is 52 and took early retirement so we will live off his pension and will have a small lump sum in our account for emergancies and visits back to the UK to see family. We will need to claim any benefits - (unless someone wants to give us some).

Thank you to anyone who can answer any of the above.

Regards.

Old Jul 31st 2011, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, missed out the word "not" from the above entry. We will therefore not be claiming any benefits and are not moving to Ireland to 'scrounge' of the state! We would be glad of any advice anyone may be able to give us though. Sorry for the confusion!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

osgood will become famous soon enoughosgood will become famous soon enough

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...o_ireland.html
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Merlyn is an unknown quantity at this point

HI everyone.

Please can you tell me the following:-

1, Is the house buying purchase in Ireland the same as the UK (not Scotland) as we intend to buy not rent.

2. I read somewhere that you do not pay rates - do you have to pay for refuse collection and water/sewerage.

3. Is there one main telephone company like BT in the UK or can you pick and choose.

4. Is broadband available in remote areas and who is the best supplier.

5. Do we need permission to move to Ireland - my husband is 52 and took early retirement so we will live off his pension and will have a small lump sum in our account for emergancies and visits back to the UK to see family. We will need to claim any benefits - (unless someone wants to give us some).

Thank you to anyone who can answer any of the above.

Regards.

1. Great time to but a family home, real value for money now. Not an ideal time for investment homes but great for a family home.

2. No rates as of yet but it's being looked at, as is water charges. Rubbish you pay for.

3/4. There is a few phone companies as their is a few internat companies. Depends where you are.

5. You do not need permission to move to Ireland if you are from the EU, lifes good if you make it. I'm also not sure about assistance you are entitled to but i'm sure there is some. Ireland is great with special needs children dispite the moaning at the moment over cut backs.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for this.

Really helpful and good to know that Ireland is ok with special needs kids.

Cheers
Old Aug 11th 2011, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

We haven' bought yet - what are you selling.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 12:22 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindingfeet.com
hello.. we have a house for sale/to let in Co Mayo.. have you moved yet?! Its a wonderful house for sale and very peaceful.. a hop and a skip from Lough Corrib, 2nd largest lake in Ireland.. our heart is back within the UK.. !
Just moved away from edge of Lough Conn. Lovely place.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:41 pm
Banned

nora james is an unknown quantity at this point

Connemara- just miles from May, it is most sceneric place !