Moving To Dublin

Old Dec 24th 2011, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

stayseeleigh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving To Dublin

Hi everyone I'm new on here. I'm moving to Dublin at the end of January but i am very confused. I am going to be sharing a house with my boyfriend and a friend, thus meaning i wont haave any utility bills in my name as they have been living there for 2 years already. I have decided to move over to Dublin as i have been made redundant in Wales and spend every weekend flying over to Dublin to see my boyfriend and his family. I have no family left in Wales so nothing stopping me now.
I am concerned about how i will get my PPS number and a bank account in Dublin. My current uk accounts are not able to be transfered over to an Irish address. Has anyone had this problem or have any advice!
Thanks in advance,
Staysee

Last edited by stayseeleigh; Dec 24th 2011 at 5:04 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 5:08 pm
Banned

Joe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving To Dublin

Originally Posted by stayseeleigh
Hi everyone I'm new on here. I'm moving to Dublin at the end of January but i am very confused. I am going to be sharing a house with my boyfriend and a friend, thus meaning i wont haave any utility bills in my name as they have been living there for 2 years already. I have decided to move over to Dublin as i have been made redundant in Wales and spend every weekend flying over to Dublin to see my boyfriend and his family. I have no family left in Wales so nothing stopping me now.
I am concerned about how i will get my PPS number and a bank account in Dublin. My current uk accounts are not able to be transfered over to an Irish address. Has anyone had this problem or have any advice!
Thanks in advance,
Staysee
Go to your local An Post (Post Office). Buy a TV licence for 160 Euro. This will have your name and address printed on it. You use this to open an AIB account. Then when you get your first bank statement, you can apply for a PPS number at your local Social Welfare Office.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sean MacMaghnuis
Go to your local An Post (Post Office). Buy a TV licence for 160 Euro. This will have your name and address printed on it. You use this to open an AIB account. Then when you get your first bank statement, you can apply for a PPS number at your local Social Welfare Office.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I thought about that option but they already have a t.v licence that was renewed in November so that isn't possible. I'll have a tenancy agreement, would that be of any use?
Old Dec 24th 2011, 5:31 pm
Banned

Joe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to all

Hi, thanks for your reply. I thought about that option but they already have a t.v licence that was renewed in November so that isn't possible. I'll have a tenancy agreement, would that be of any use?
You can buy more than one TV licence at the same address. (They will be in different names).
A Tenancy Agreement is not acceptable at the bank or Social Welfare Office.
It has to be a utility bill, in your name; dated within the last 3 months.
Buy a TV licence. Trust me.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

You can buy more than one TV licence at the same address. (They will be in different names).
A Tenancy Agreement is not acceptable at the bank or Social Welfare Office.
It has to be a utility bill, in your name; dated within the last 3 months.
Buy a TV licence. Trust me.
Oh right thanks, i thought it was one per household. I have read on the AIB website that a government letter would also suffice. Which is always another option. Many thanks
Old Dec 24th 2011, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

nolanger is an unknown quantity at this point

You can open an Irish bank account with a PPS letter. You get this letter when you receive a PPS number.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 6:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by nolanger
You can open an Irish bank account with a PPS letter. You get this letter when you receive a PPS number.
Yes, but in order to apply for a PPS number she will need a utility bill (in her name) as proof of address!
Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Yes, but in order to apply for a PPS number she will need a utility bill (in her name) as proof of address!
Hi Thank goodness for family gatherings at Christmas. My boyfriends aunt works for one of the welfare offices in Dublin and she said that a tenancy agreement will be fine to use as proof of address. As long as the landlord has signed and dated it, I just need to take that, my passport and birth cert and fill in the REG1 form. She also said that the letter they send out will be suitable to use along with my new PPS number, Passport and Tenancy agreement to open a bank account. She also gave him the link that explains all the different form of identity that are accepted

http://www.dcu.ie/finance/pps.shtml
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Applet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Thank goodness for family gatherings at Christmas. My boyfriends aunt works for one of the welfare offices in Dublin and she said that a tenancy agreement will be fine to use as proof of address. As long as the landlord has signed and dated it, I just need to take that, my passport and birth cert and fill in the REG1 form. She also said that the letter they send out will be suitable to use along with my new PPS number, Passport and Tenancy agreement to open a bank account. She also gave him the link that explains all the different form of identity that are accepted

http://www.dcu.ie/finance/pps.shtml
Very useful to know this. Thanks for posting this.