Irish Citizenship

Old Mar 22nd 2024, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish Citizenship

Originally Posted by Javert
I am not sure of the answer there as I had the relevant parent had passed away.

However just to update in the meantime., I recently finally received the certificate that I was successfully added to the FBR, so they were satisfied with my explanations and did not request any further information. It took a bit less than a year. I have not yet applied for the passport as I need my passport in early May so I will wait till afterwards.
That's great news, welcome to the golden harp club!
Old Mar 22nd 2024, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
Rather than starting new thread I’ll revive this one.

My wife has now managed to pull all of her documents together with the exception of her (living) mothers ID. Shes in her 80’s, resides in the UK, she’s never had a passport, never driven and so has no formal photo ID. Does anyone know what else could be acceptable for a FBR application? I’ve tried calling several times for clarification but can never get through. Thanks in advance.
This is a common problem and I believe the way to get around it is to contact a local solicitor and ask them to carry out a formal identity check and issue a certificate. I think it might involve swearing an affidavit but I would sound them out first and make sure they do home visits to make life easier.

The Post Office have an ID checking service but I'm not sure it would be possible without any current or expired forms of photo ID.

Old Mar 22nd 2024, 1:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
Rather than starting new thread I’ll revive this one.

My wife has now managed to pull all of her documents together with the exception of her (living) mothers ID. Shes in her 80’s, resides in the UK, she’s never had a passport, never driven and so has no formal photo ID. Does anyone know what else could be acceptable for a FBR application? I’ve tried calling several times for clarification but can never get through. Thanks in advance.
These options may be a solution:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-photo-i...ty-certificate

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/identity/pass-card
Old Mar 22nd 2024, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lou71
This is a common problem and I believe the way to get around it is to contact a local solicitor and ask them to carry out a formal identity check and issue a certificate. I think it might involve swearing an affidavit but I would sound them out first and make sure they do home visits to make life easier.

The Post Office have an ID checking service but I'm not sure it would be possible without any current or expired forms of photo ID.
Excellent thanks !

Old Mar 22nd 2024, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Thank You !