Reload this Page >

info Required for Stamp 1A for Trainee Accountants

info Required for Stamp 1A for Trainee Accountants

Old Aug 12th 2012, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

jesusbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default info Required for Stamp 1A for Trainee Accountants

Hello House,

I am looking forward to earning the Chartered Accountancy designation in Ireland.

I have heard of the Stamp 1A but I am confused about how to go about the whole thing.

I would like to know whether I will just have to apply for a training visa from my country (when I have not got a training contract yet; I'll only have evidence of registration and exemption with Chartered Accountants Ireland); or it is advisable to apply for a visiting visa.

If I apply for a visiting visa, I can search and get a training contract because I'll be on ground. If I go this route, will I be able to obtain a Stamp 1A from within Ireland as I did not migrate on a training visa.

Please, advise...

Thank you!
Old Aug 12th 2012, 5:59 pm
Banned

Joe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to all
Default Re: info Required for Stamp 1A for Trainee Accountants

First you apply for a student visa.
Then when you arrive, enroll in a chartered accountancy course.
You college will provide you with a letter confirming you are a student.
You use this to make your application for a stamp 1A visa.
One has to be resident in Ireland in order to obtain the stamp 1A visa, one cannot from ones country of origin.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

jesusbaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sean MacMaghnuis
First you apply for a student visa.
Then when you arrive, enroll in a chartered accountancy course.
You college will provide you with a letter confirming you are a student.
You use this to make your application for a stamp 1A visa.
One has to be resident in Ireland in order to obtain the stamp 1A visa, one cannot from ones country of origin.
Thanks Sean! I appreciate your swift response.

Will my registration with Chartered Accountants Ireland qualify for obtaining a study visa?

Best regards!
Old Aug 12th 2012, 6:55 pm
Banned

Joe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jesusbaby
Thanks Sean! I appreciate your swift response.

Will my registration with Chartered Accountants Ireland qualify for obtaining a study visa?

Best regards!
No, you will need a letter from your college confirming you have enrolled (paid for a course).