Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Foreign Birth Registration - ROI

Foreign Birth Registration - ROI

Old Aug 23rd 2016, 10:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foreign Birth Registration - ROI

Originally Posted by KianDonoghue89
Are you sure you need to send it to Dublin and not an Embassy in Australia (if there is one)

I have a link for a affidavit template but looks like you got it sorted!
Australian FBRs used to be processed at the Irish Embassy in Canberra but they are now apparently processed in Ireland.

https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/aus...tration-guide/
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 10:07 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure you need to send it to Dublin and not an Embassy in Australia (if there is one)

I have a link for a affidavit template but looks like you got it sorted!
Definitely Dublin.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

KianDonoghue89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Definitely Dublin.
I was just curious as I have to send mine to London
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

Hi, yes Dublin the online form has that instruction on it when you print it out. It may be different for other locations.

Actually, no I don't have the wording, can you tell me the wording / send the link?

thank you!
Old Aug 24th 2016, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

KianDonoghue89 is an unknown quantity at this point

The advice I got from the London embassy is;

'Please state the facts and state that you are applying for Irish citizenship and that you are unable to provide the passport/ photographic ID for your Father and that you have done everything you can to provide it.'
Old Aug 25th 2016, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

thank you!
Old Oct 17th 2016, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Wavey is an unknown quantity at this point

The advice I got from the London embassy is;

'Please state the facts and state that you are applying for Irish citizenship and that you are unable to provide the passport/ photographic ID for your Father and that you have done everything you can to provide it.'
When did you apply?
Old Feb 28th 2017, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future

I was wondering how you got on with this? I'm a British resident looking to apply through my Irish grandmother from Cahir. Sadly she passed away in South Africa on 1984 and her death certificate was lost. I have tried applying for a copy through the South African embassy in London but it didn't arrive.
I am clearly apply to show the relationship between us and have a copy of her South African ID which states that she passed away. I am at a loss as what to do and the London embassy is not being helpful at all. I am considering hiring an Irish citizenship solicitor but am concerned that this would just be throwing money away.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks a million.