could it be ireland?

Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:36 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: could it be ireland?

Originally Posted by Irelandexile
To use a favourite irish term - the weather can be "desperate" on occasions, but nothing that cant be handled and when it is good the beauty of Ireland can take your breathe away.
It has immense beauty when the weather is dire also, although I say that as someone who has toured around in a motorhome .... I appreciate if you live there you might get a little hacked off with it.

We used to go in February or late Autumn and it usually rained or was cloudy but we used to love it.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

We have been 15 years in Portugal, but 5 years ago when we went for a holiday we were tempted to move. We absolutely love the south, Cork in particular. We decided to have holidays there instead of selling up, but it was touch and go.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Irelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Mitzyboy;5777330]It has immense beauty when the weather is dire also, although I say that as someone who has toured around in a motorhome .... I appreciate if you live there you might get a little hacked off with it.

Agreed, there is still beauty when the weather is "dire", but you can enjoy it more when it is dry!
Anna 58 said:
We have been 15 years in Portugal, but 5 years ago when we went for a holiday we were tempted to move. We absolutely love the south, Cork in particular. We decided to have holidays there instead of selling up, but it was touch and go.

If my husband and I had thought that we could make a living in Portugal as english speakers, we would have strongly considered moving to Portugal!!
But now I must say that we are very happy in Ireland.