Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

Old Oct 12th 2013, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

brum1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap rent and lots of jobs?

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Got your death threat sorted out then have you?.. that was why you wanted to move in the first place.
No nothing has changed in my circumstances what so ever
Old Oct 12th 2013, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Katy87
No job opportunities and rent is very expensive in china and pay is little. For a month my partner earns £200. Also everything is expensive in china and the pay is little.
Also you have to pay or schooling usually and m son couldn't understand manderin.
For a country that is prospering, it is hard to believe that there are no opportunities for educated people.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

sickntired is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brum1988
No nothing has changed in my circumstances what so ever
Cuthbert Rizla could help.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 9:59 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

If an Irish citizen wanted to bring there non eu partner to live with them would they have to move to another eu country? Because of strict financial requirements
As someone else said earlier, Ireland's immigration rules for their own Citizens aren't as harsh. But yes, an irish Citizen would have to Surinder singh in another EEA country.

That's interesting maybe I should apply for an Irish passport and have dual citizenship. My mother and grandfather have Irish passports. My father has a new zeland passport but I think it is nearly impossible to move to new zeland.
Dual British/Irish Citizenship or passport holding makes it even harder. You wouldn't be able to Surinder Singh in Ireland if you hold an Irish passport as well, as you'd be subject to Irish immigration law.

No job opportunities and rent is very expensive in china and pay is little. For a month my partner earns £200. Also everything is expensive in china and the pay is little.
The gap between pay and living costs is getting wider in almost every industrialised country. The next 6-12 months isn't the best time to be moving to most places in Europe right now, especially if employers and letting agents know you're looking for less than 6 months work and accommodation.

I know that you can't Surinder Singh unless you live in the country you move to for at least 3 months and 1 day, and your partner's initial visa will only grant them 90 days, in which time they have to apply for a Residence Card in the host country. What you also need to take into account is that if UKBA refuse your application for an EEA Family Permit to return to the UK, you can reapply again a couple of weeks later. You WILL be in the other EU country for around 3 1/2-4 months minimum. I'd suggest you plan for around 6 months to give yourselves a little extra cushion.

I'd suggest that based on the information I've read about your situation, you'd be better off researching the European tourist areas now to look at when the jobs in those areas start to pick up around Easter next year. That would be when you're likely to find work, though then accommodation starts to get more expensive. In the off-season, rents are cheaper, but jobs are fewer.

Also you have to pay or schooling usually and m son couldn't understand manderin.
I'd have thought that you'd want your child to learn Mandarin as he's currently living in China. Or do all the other kids he plays with speak English?

Wherever you go, he'll need to go to school in that country, and if it's not a primarily English-speaking country then now is a good time to start learning the basics of a new language together.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 10:10 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Also, remember Murphy's Expanded Laws.

If it appears easy, you haven't thought of everything.

Planning to use the EU Free Movement Directive 2004/38/EC needs a lot of 7P input ahead of time, and when we do it, I'll be making at least 1 trip to that country in the 2 weeks beforehand to visit recruitment agencies and letting agents.

I have the info I need for 3 different EU countries, and the decision as to which one we go to will be made about 6 weeks before we leave (and will be assessed on a number of factors).
Old Oct 14th 2013, 1:24 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=DaveLovesDee;10943379
I'd have thought that you'd want your child to learn Mandarin as he's currently living in China. Or do all the other kids he plays with speak English?

Wherever you go, he'll need to go to school in that country, and if it's not a primarily English-speaking country then now is a good time to start learning the basics of a new language together.[/QUOTE]

AFAI understand, the OP and her son are living in the UK at the moment. It's the Partner who is living in China.
From her post # 33 here and another one elsewhere, learning a new language might not be an option.
@ Katy: A 3-6 months break from UK education in a non-English-speaking Primary school where there'd be no provision for his problem, would mean a colossal upheaval in your son's life. At the risk of being told again that his welfare is taken care of, could it be envisaged to leave him with one of your parents for the duration, until you return to the UK?

Last edited by dmu; Oct 14th 2013 at 1:26 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dmu
AFAI understand, the OP and her son are living in the UK at the moment. It's the Partner who is living in China.
From her post # 33 here and another one elsewhere, learning a new language might not be an option.
I see now. Thanks dmu!

Originally Posted by dmu
@ Katy: A 3-6 months break from UK education in a non-English-speaking Primary school where there'd be no provision for his problem, would mean a colossal upheaval in your son's life. At the risk of being told again that his welfare is taken care of, could it be envisaged to leave him with one of your parents for the duration, until you return to the UK?
Personally, I don't think the SS Route is going to be a good option in Katy's situation unless she focuses more on the effect it's going to have on her child, unless as you say, she leaves the child with someone in the UK. Even that's likely to have an effect though, too!
Old Oct 14th 2013, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

Angela V's experience of the Suurinder Singh route in Dublin, Ireland.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804420
Old Oct 14th 2013, 4:45 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

The OP is posting again on the NZ forum.
I can't get my head around this , and wish her, once again, All the Best in her endeavours....
Old Oct 14th 2013, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

AngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really nice

I remember the panic Katy is experiencing now so well when I first discovered the barriers the UKBA had put up on us coming home.

Please guys, she is clutching at straws at the moment desperately trying to come up with a solution to bring her family together, isn't that what we all deserve? She's not doing anything wrong, she has been put in this impossible position by her own country. I don't think anyone can fault her for trying to do everything in her power to be with the person she loves.

She's asking for answers in the hope that someone will give her the peace of mind just to have one decent night's sleep and some hope for her future.

Katy, it will be okay. I think you have probably realized by now that it's not particularly easy but you are going about it in the right way by saving so that you will be able to sustain yourself in Ireland until you get sorted.

Last edited by AngelaV; Oct 14th 2013 at 8:32 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 9:18 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AngelaV
I remember the panic Katy is experiencing now so well when I first discovered the barriers the UKBA had put up on us coming home.

Please guys, she is clutching at straws at the moment desperately trying to come up with a solution to bring her family together, isn't that what we all deserve? She's not doing anything wrong, she has been put in this impossible position by her own country. I don't think anyone can fault her for trying to do everything in her power to be with the person she loves.

She's asking for answers in the hope that someone will give her the peace of mind just to have one decent night's sleep and some hope for her future.

Katy, it will be okay. I think you have probably realized by now that it's not particularly easy but you are going about it in the right way by saving so that you will be able to sustain yourself in Ireland until you get sorted.
Apparently 63% of British people agree with the high income figure set by the UKBA. See this report.

http://news.sky.com/story/1153164/im...drastic-action
Old Oct 14th 2013, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Angela. You're a star.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Katy87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not going to reply any longer this has gone to far from my original post. All
I wanted was a bit of advice were some jobs and cheap rent could be found.
Thanks for the positive replies Angela.
Not sure i will bother with this forum again. It's full of opinionated people sticking there noise in we're its not wanted or needed...
Old Oct 14th 2013, 9:38 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going to reply any longer this has gone to far from my original post. All
Not sure i will bother with this forum again. It's full of opinionated people sticking there noise in we're its not wanted or needed...
Toodle-pip and good luck.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 1:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its actually full of people with experience ofthe situation in Ireland, who are trying to give you hnet feedback. Many of us sympathise with your wish to be with your partner, especially as a lot of us have been through immigration processes in order to be with our own partners. However the bare fact of the matter is that Ireland is not good for jobs at present, nor is it a place where you can live that cheaply.

I'm sorry that you feel people here are not helping you, but the bare fact is that they are giving you the truth. It may not be what you want to hear, but at least its honest. Not much point in lying to you amd telling you that Ireland is a cheap utopia only for you to move there and discover otherwise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.