Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Broadband without Eircom phone connection

Broadband without Eircom phone connection

Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Broadband without Eircom phone connection

Does anyone know of a provider that does not require a phone line from Eircom.

I live in West COrk (Bantry) and the biscuits from 3G etc dont provide a decent signal.:curse:

There is a provider that is E150 to install and E38 a month for 1Mb, not sure if it will work because we cant see a specific mast. And anyway I think the monthly charges are a bit steep! oR am I being naive!

I heard Corus might provide it, any ideas?

Thank you
Old Oct 16th 2008, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Broadband without Eircom phone connection

NTL (UPC) - I had it last year and got the cable broadband, no need for a phone line at all, their speed is 20mb so was fast too.

(I think NTL have changed their name to UPC now)

Here ya go http://www.upc.ie/

Mikey
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 3:55 am
Just Joined

rac.h is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, im new to this particular site... im moving over and need instant access to internet, ive just found that 3(phones) provide the 'no line needed' service in ireland. you just plug a 'dongle' in your laptop,no phone line needed at all. you can have this on either pay as you go or contract.. i ve used this myself when i was in the uk earlier this year and its good.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone heard or uses Digiweb as their internet provider?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

dryroasted is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sarahchirles
Does anyone know of a provider that does not require a phone line from Eircom.

I live in West COrk (Bantry) and the biscuits from 3G etc dont provide a decent signal.:curse:

There is a provider that is E150 to install and E38 a month for 1Mb, not sure if it will work because we cant see a specific mast. And anyway I think the monthly charges are a bit steep! oR am I being naive!

I heard Corus might provide it, any ideas?

Thank you
if you have a fixed land line (phone line) and you are within 12k or wotever distance it is for the 1st generation broadband then you can get eircom, digiweb etc its basically an eircom product. BT is operational in dublin as it now owns exchanges throughout dublin and these are currently being re enabled or upgraded to the new generation broadband which they will be roling out over the next 3 years. There is cable, which will have restrictions of service and the mobile solutions from 3, voda and o2.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

sue1959 is an unknown quantity at this point

All calls UK , anywhere in Ireland (not longer than 59 mins) free, broadband, line rental with BT around 60.00 euro per month. Our bills have halved (have a very talkative husband and it's never for me anyway!!!!!!!)