Brasil to Ireland

Old May 24th 2007, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

dasilva1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brasil to Ireland

hi, brand new today to this forum hello everyone!

I have a few questions if anyone can help great

we live in Brasil ( Recife) 6-7 months of the year my wife is from there and the rest of the year we have been going back to the u.k. my wife has residence permit indefinite leave to remain in the u.k

we are thinking of coming to Ireland maybe 6 months there 6 months in Brasil i have property which i rent out in Recife which brings us in some income but we would be looking to work in Ireland for the 6 months is there plenty of work there would my wife have a problem does she need a visa?

what is the best palce to be not sure if we fancy Dublin maybe outside somewhere.

any info would be great many thanks.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Saltiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brasil to Ireland

Originally Posted by dasilva1
hi, brand new today to this forum hello everyone!

I have a few questions if anyone can help great

we live in Brasil ( Recife) 6-7 months of the year my wife is from there and the rest of the year we have been going back to the u.k. my wife has residence permit indefinite leave to remain in the u.k

we are thinking of coming to Ireland maybe 6 months there 6 months in Brasil i have property which i rent out in Recife which brings us in some income but we would be looking to work in Ireland for the 6 months is there plenty of work there would my wife have a problem does she need a visa?

what is the best palce to be not sure if we fancy Dublin maybe outside somewhere.

any info would be great many thanks.
Lots of Brazilians live in Gort as big meat processing factory there, maybe be worth doing internet searchs for work based on that
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dasilva1

Are you also Brazilian?

You need to be aware that your wife's UK indefinite leave is not any use in the Republic of Ireland. You could of course go to Northern Ireland.

Also be aware that if your wife is no longer living in Britain, or spends too much time away, she will lose her UK ILR. And of course, she won't ever get a British passport if she doesn't live in the United Kingdom long enough to naturalise.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:09 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saltiregirl
Lots of Brazilians live in Gort as big meat processing factory there, maybe be worth doing internet searchs for work based on that
Its an amazing sight driving through Gort with all these healthy looking tanned people.