Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

xmas hamper, all thoughts welcome

xmas hamper, all thoughts welcome

Old Nov 16th 2009, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: xmas hamper, all thoughts welcome

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
Has anyone mentioned Marmite yet?
Hate it
Old Nov 16th 2009, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steppitoe
Some herbs are slightly more difficult to come by so I would stock up on your usual ones.

Something you prob can´t ask your friends for but I would bring over is painkillers i.e. paracetamol plus and ibruprofen. Massively cheaper in the UK.

Get your eyes tested before you come and then you can use online glasses suppliers such as glassesdirect.

If you like baking, mixed fruit as it is cheaper in the UK and a lot of the ones here have pips in! I buy my bicarb of soda and baking powder in the UK cause it is cheaper. As is icing sugar plus chocolate chips are hard to find.

Can´t wait till you arrive so that you can come pork choppin´

Steppitoe
the thought of pork chops, is what is keeping us going at the mo
Old Nov 16th 2009, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Titleist
Hate it

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT
Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:02 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Black pudding and mince pies
Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:04 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT
Marmite is the devils skid mark.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Cleri
My toast and marmite will never seem quite the same - cheers for that

Old Nov 16th 2009, 2:29 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

My toast and marmite will never seem quite the same - cheers for that

Welcome
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gazz
Black pudding and mince pies
Mr T's favourite
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Totally agree, yuk
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Love marmite.

Gazz if you go into a butcher and ask for something that sounds like morcela (I don't know how to spell it) it's a lot like black pudding.

Not to be confused with morcego as that is a bat. ;o)

G
Old Nov 17th 2009, 4:59 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

And how would you know, pray?
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:27 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
Love marmite.

Gazz if you go into a butcher and ask for something that sounds like morcela (I don't know how to spell it) it's a lot like black pudding.

Not to be confused with morcego as that is a bat. ;o)

G
I´ve had that but its more like spicy sausage, i knows its a little blasphemous but if you go in "Batista" you get the real thing!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:28 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

Originally Posted by Titleist
Mr T's favourite
I knew he was a man of taste, tell him i´ll play a round of golf with him and it can be the prize for the winner!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gazz
I´ve had that but its more like spicy sausage, i knows its a little blasphemous but if you go in "Batista" you get the real thing!
It's the place to go for cheddar as well...I'm in there all the time!

G
Old Nov 18th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

I believe that the Spar shop in Luz is cheaper for cheese.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.