The Wild West!!!

Old Apr 14th 2018, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Wild West!!!

Folks, we are back out soon for three months and quite predictably as we are East Algarve based we tend to stick there. Anyway Mrs. Chislenko says to me tonight can we go for a couple of nights to see somewhere different on our next trip.

She decides she wants to go West Algarve so any recommendations for a two night stay, enough to occupy us keep us interested for a couple of days.

My knowledge of the West is very limited so any recommendations, tips on places to stay would be welcome.

Cheers in advance.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 8:17 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Wild West!!!

To me " the west " is that area that includes Lagos and further west .
West of Lagos are small resorts, Liz, Burgau, Salema, Sagres.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 8:51 am
Living the Dream

westernliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond reputewesternliving has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest you stay in Lagos. It has a real nice feel to it. The old town is very pleasant to walk round, with some nice coffee shops and cafes. The marina is well worth a visit. You could visit Cape St Vincent if you haven't seen it before to say you've done it but after 30 minutes you've seen it. Make sure you stop off at Sagres on the way back as well as the little village of Salema for a light lunch.

After your stay on the way home visit Alvor with its miles of boardwalk behind the beach and estuary. In the town you'll find plenty on eating establishments for a nice lunch at a reasonable price.

Accomodation In Lagos is good and recently I've found airbnb has some great quality rooms at sensible money.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
To me " the west " is that area that includes Lagos and further west .
West of Lagos are small resorts, Liz, Burgau, Salema, Sagres.
I think you mean't Luz there EMR... Altho Liz sounds interesting
Old Apr 15th 2018, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chislenko
Folks, we are back out soon for three months and quite predictably as we are East Algarve based we tend to stick there. Anyway Mrs. Chislenko says to me tonight can we go for a couple of nights to see somewhere different on our next trip.

She decides she wants to go West Algarve so any recommendations for a two night stay, enough to occupy us keep us interested for a couple of days.

My knowledge of the West is very limited so any recommendations, tips on places to stay would be welcome.

Cheers in advance.
Plenty to keep you occupied chislenko... according to budget and taste. The lovely, quiet, but modern and elegant Martinhal resort with its two excellent restaurants... a hop skip and jump from Sargres and the 'end of the known world ' as the discoverers described it

The many hotels and b&b's in Lagos (as described above,a lovely interesting town with quite a history,from the noble.Prince Henry the navigator ... to the ignoble... first slave market.... The museum of discoveries in the Marina is worth a visit....the fish market is also interesting. Plus the tiny moorish fort in the harbour The now famous Dona Ana beach or Ponte Piedade (s) with lovely restaurants perched on the cliff edges
If you have a car you can then visit the villages of Luz with its beautiful beach and promenade and impressive 'black rock' Burgau which to the English ,reminds them of a steep cobbled cornish village.. Salema with its fishing boats and sandy beach.(beware though that parking is sometimes a nightmare) So many places.. so little time... enjoy

Last edited by GeniB; Apr 15th 2018 at 8:55 am.
Old Jun 29th 2018, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Just to follow up on this we decided on Lagos and had a smashing time there.