Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Unroasted coffee beans

Unroasted coffee beans

Old Aug 2nd 2019, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Palmyra III is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unroasted coffee beans

We spend the Summer months in the Central Algarve and my wife, as an Ethiopian, loves coffee. Unfortunately she has nearly exhausted her supply of unroasted beans and has another three weeks to go before returning home. Does anyone know where she can buy unroasted coffee beans? Ideally this should be in the Algarve but desperation may mean she is prepared to travel! Origin is not important but obviously Ethiopian is the preference. Must be 100% arabica beans. Yes, I know Portuguese coffee and coffee shops are wonderful but anyone who has witnessed the Ethiopian coffee ceremony and tasted the end result will confirm that it is just not the same. Obrigado in advance!
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unroasted coffee beans

https://www.casadocafe.pt/cafes-grao...frica-250-grs/

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Thanks barlaventoexpert for your reply but these are roasted beans. I looked at the website and it seems that they do not supply unroasted beans. The search continues!
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 8:48 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.amazon.es/Adems-tierras-...gateway&sr=8-4

Are these suitable? Amazon.es

Rosemary
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 8:52 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

If you type in "granos de café sin tostar" it comes up with more.

Rosemary
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
https://www.amazon.es/Adems-tierras-...gateway&sr=8-4

Are these suitable? Amazon.es

Rosemary
Very expensive coffee!
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Very expensive coffee!
To be honest I did not look at the prices of the unroasted coffee beans but purely looked to see if they were available. Even if I had looked it would not have informed me as I do not buy coffee.

Rosemary
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
To be honest I did not look at the prices of the unroasted coffee beans but purely looked to see if they were available. Even if I had looked it would not have informed me as I do not buy coffee.

Rosemary
Sorry Rosemary, I was not criticising you. I was just remarking at the cost of that particular coffee.

Last edited by BillBullock; Aug 3rd 2019 at 11:04 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Soorry Rosemary, I was not criticising you. I was just remarkinng at the cost of that particular coffee.
No problem, I did not take it as a criticism. There were others but again I did not look at the prices.

Rosemary
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rosemary; I'll give this a try. I was trying to avoid Amazon and buy from a local stockist but it seems I have no choice. As to the cost; it's cheaper than buying a cup of (inferior) coffee in a coffee shop and, more importantly, what price "happy wife happy life"! :-)
Old Aug 4th 2019, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

As the replies above, I did a VQS for
"Compara graos de café nao torrados"
The results where not promising
Old Aug 4th 2019, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light

How about these?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ethiopian...MAAOSw4zdcRiQZ
Old Aug 8th 2019, 6:01 am
Just Joined

Just a quick note to thank those that responded to my plea for help. We ordered from Amazon and the beans arrived yesterday. Prompt delivery and no postal/courier problems that I was worried about. My wife now has enough beans to last her until the end of her stay in Portugal. Thanks everyone once again.