Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

UK Pound v's Euro

UK Pound v's Euro

Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:31 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Pound v's Euro

Originally Posted by Nikki _ Sam
That's it, bollocks! if something doesn't happen in the next couple of months we're off back home to crappy bloody England, gutted, but how can we change our money to buy a house at this rate (112.somethingorother). If we ever want to change it back it could cost us a fortune. I blame the government, bloody Gordon bloody Brown.....rant, bloody,...rant e.t.c, e.t.c:curse:
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Cleri
Cheers Cleri, didn't help though, now I'll have to climb out of my pram and pick up all my toys!
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

At the moment to change it from Euros to pounds would be a great rate. I'm sorry you need euros at such a terrible time, hold your nerve.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 2:25 pm
mshlgw

mshlgw is on a distinguished road

Interbank rate is 1.1138 at the moment. 1524
At this rate (no pun) it will make parity very soon.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

It's getting closer!!! 1UKp = 1 Euro
Joao
Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:45 am
mshlgw

mshlgw is on a distinguished road

Now 108.67 at time 1244
Old Dec 18th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

Nearly equal!!!! B*****ks
Joao
Old Dec 18th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really nice

Holding my nerve......getting ready to switch backout of EUR into GBP....

Well, made me feel good for a second or two ! Price of fuel here is significantly more than UK, in just a few weeks, although Spain was worth the drive yesterday for just that reason. I reckon USA got ill first, then UK.....so Eurozone must follow, and therefore Sterling will strengthen in the late Spring/Summer.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Big Ant
Holding my nerve......getting ready to switch backout of EUR into GBP....

Well, made me feel good for a second or two ! Price of fuel here is significantly more than UK, in just a few weeks, although Spain was worth the drive yesterday for just that reason. I reckon USA got ill first, then UK.....so Eurozone must follow, and therefore Sterling will strengthen in the late Spring/Summer.
Without a doubt Sterling will strengthen. No doubt the financial crisis in Italy and Greece will put huge pressure on the Euro as their financial problems push them into the abiss...even with EU creative accounting it is hard to miss the elephant sitting on the sofa!! Remember the UK have only got one foot in the EU.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by encodeme
Without a doubt Sterling will strengthen. No doubt the financial crisis in Italy and Greece will put huge pressure on the Euro as their financial problems push them into the abiss...even with EU creative accounting it is hard to miss the elephant sitting on the sofa!! Remember the UK have only got one foot in the EU.
Do you think the German economy is propping up the Euro? Even in these troubled times they are still the World's largest exporter of goods.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:22 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009
Do you think the German economy is propping up the Euro? Even in these troubled times they are still the World's largest exporter of goods.
They would have to go some to match the amount of tat that comes from China into Spain. ;-))
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
They would have to go some to match the amount of tat that comes from China into Spain. ;-))
According to Wiki and the CIA Factbook, Germany was the World's largest exporter for 2007. Germany is still expected to hold this position for 2008. Although I know what you mean given the amount of Chinese goods around.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2078rank.html

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...t_10528088.htm
Old Dec 21st 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

PubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by johnh009
Do you think the German economy is propping up the Euro?
German economy is growing at about 1.5% per year:

http://indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?c=gm&v=66

It's been pretty much in the state of permanent stagnation since the re-unification. I haven't seen any visible improvement on my visits there in the last 10 years. I'd say the biggest difference has been that they allowed to drive on motorway shoulders.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

CakeMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't worry too much. It is a GLOBAL problem and the pound has always been cyclical. If today's Observer is anything to go by at least the UK is doing something about the problem now. http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...loyment-europe
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PubChampion
German economy is growing at about 1.5% per year:

http://indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?c=gm&v=66

It's been pretty much in the state of permanent stagnation since the re-unification. I haven't seen any visible improvement on my visits there in the last 10 years. I'd say the biggest difference has been that they allowed to drive on motorway shoulders.
Maybe stagnation is good? The UK economy is expected to shrink by 2% in 2009. For a country where financial services form such a large part of the economy, following the American lead of deregulation has not served the UK well. My guess is, given the fall of the pound, another six months and they will have a major inflation problem to deal with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.