Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

UK - Portugal Van Services

UK - Portugal Van Services

Old Jun 7th 2013, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Bowette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK - Portugal Van Services

Good Afternoon to all of you lucky enough to be living within beautiful Portugal - I am new to this site and have tried to glance through the forums to see if this is already covered, but there were hundreds of pages so thought I might start afresh - I hope that's ok!

Myself and family are also lucky enough to be relocating (all be it to Central Portugal) in late September of this year and, with running a self catering villa business, we'll have quite a bit of furniture to bring across - I would imagine as much as to fill a Bedford van.

Initially we had considered renting a van and driving it over ourselves, but things have now changed and we'll be taking my parents in our MPV via ferry and down through Santander.

I am therefore asking if anyone has any knowledge of a man with a van (or a reasonably priced company) who could provide a transportation service for our furniture between Lancashire and Central Portugal (just next to the town of Ansiao, to be precise)?

I've heard via another website that this really is the place to come to ask for advice - so I'll thank you in advance and look forward to receiving any information you are able to give me.

Kind Regards

Gareth
Old Jun 7th 2013, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice
Default Re: UK - Portugal Van Services

Algarve Freight do a weekly journey each way and give good value for money (algarvefreight.com) can't see how a 'man and van' op could be cheaper or better organised. DLS (dlscouriers.com) could probably also quote.

Last edited by MrBife; Jun 7th 2013 at 5:20 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.deliveryportugal.co.uk/
http://www.aimremovals.co.uk/

Are both close to you in the UK, but both have their depots in the Algarve in Portugal.
It sounds like you would have a fairly large load, so perhaps one or the other would be willing to divert the transport to your location for drop off; otherwise they will charge you extra to load it onto a smaller vehicle and drive it up to you.

Ask for quotes and compare.
Old Jun 8th 2013, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Bowette is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for those suggestions guys.

We'll actually be moving the items from Lancashire - we're just down South temporarily with work - but all excellent suggestions and I've contacted several to see what they come back with.

Thanks again.

Gareth