Reload this Page >

touring portugal - help

touring portugal - help

Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

ladybabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default touring portugal - help

hello

We are planning a trip around portugal next month starting from the north then heading south. We will have our own car, a tent and a three year old.

Could everyone tell me of any good camp sites?.

Also of must see places to visit would quite like to visit places where the locals go!!!

Thank you
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: touring portugal - help

Originally Posted by ladybabe
hello

We are planning a trip around portugal next month starting from the north then heading south. We will have our own car, a tent and a three year old.

Could everyone tell me of any good camp sites?.

Also of must see places to visit would quite like to visit places where the locals go!!!

Thank you
You already have a route planned? You are going from the north to south then heading back north on return? My suggestion(if you aint already planned)..Very clean campsite where I live(Amarante, 30 mins east of Porto) leave from there to Vila Real then head south in direction of Veseu taking in Regua to see Rio Douro(just south of Regua is gorgeous) & Lamego on way down from Viseu to area of Serra de Estrela....camp site just south of Manteigas(are many more in area of serra de estrela) from here....hmm....perhaps to Tomar then south or keep further east & catch the west on way back.

Oh...and if you can somehow take in GerĂªs area(north of Braga)

Hmm....thats me done my bit for the North

Last edited by gedscottish; Aug 17th 2009 at 10:26 am.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

For a little beach scenery visit Vila Nova de Milfontes on the West coast south of Lisbon. Lovely beach along the estuary and a nice little town with a few campsites(I think).Countryside around that area is pretty and then you
can follow coast on down to Monchique in the mountains behind the Algarve.
There are some small dams in that area where people used to camp,but these I think are unofficial!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

ladybabe is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for the replys we havent planned a route as we are trying to collect as much information as pos sailing in from bilbo and will have fourteen days in portugal
Old Aug 17th 2009, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ladybabe
thank you for the replys we havent planned a route as we are trying to collect as much information as pos sailing in from bilbo and will have fourteen days in portugal
Check out the photos also in the Portugal part of the photo gallery here(may help you decide what you want to see while your here) I have to take the credit for most of the pics
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:11 am
Just Joined

alexmac999 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are coming to the Silver Coast there is a good municipal site at Peniche. This is pretty much in the middle of the area and you can visit all the must see places within a one hour drive. The town and the beach are walkable. PM me if you want more info.
Best of luck
Alex