Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

It took a while, but...

It took a while, but...

Old May 1st 2023, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

symzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It took a while, but...

Hello, I've been a member here for 20 years but this is my first post for some years. That's how long I've been thinking I should leave the UK. I've finally did it and am in Portugal. Should have done it sooner. I'm going to rent for a few moths to see how things go, see if the summer temperatures kill me, Then will try to get somewhere more permanent.

Cheers

Last edited by symzie; May 1st 2023 at 2:39 pm. Reason: wrong info
Old May 1st 2023, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It took a while, but...

Originally Posted by symzie
Hello, I've been a member here for 20 years but this is my first post for some years. That's how long I've been thinking I should leave the UK. I've finally did it and am in Portugal. Should have done it sooner. I'm going to rent for a few moths to see how things go, see if the summer temperatures kill me, Then will try to get somewhere more permanent.

Cheers
Welcome to PT then - whereabouts are you looking? Perhaps some local advice will be forthcoming.
Have you checked out all the Whys and Wherefores regarding your residency status , especially the need these days to apply for the visa relevant to your particular circumstances from your country of last residence! Very rare that you can do it from within PT ...
I suppose you have ploughed through all the information and links in this website - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-portugal
and presuming you may have retired in the UK, think about getting your S1 via the Pensions Office, so you can register it with the Social Security (INSS) office here for your health cover as a UK pensioner resident in PT, and your GHIC for health care travelling around Europe.
Good luck with the house hunting!