Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Tavira - Residency

Tavira - Residency

Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:32 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tavira - Residency

I have read elsewhere that the Portuguese government recently changed the system for applying for residency. It appears that it has been streamlined somewhat. Has the news filtered down to town hall level yet? In some places they seem ill-prepared to do this and in others it is now a piece of doddle. So, I wondered whether anyone had any experience of this in Tavira.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tavira - Residency

I recently re-newed my Residency in Tavira and there was no problem at all, just had to fill out the form, provide two photos, pay 7.50 euros (each) and it was ready in three days.
As for starting the Residency then you are right, it is much easier then when I first did it back in 2002.
I am sure the Tavira office is up to date with the new procedure.
Joao
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: Tavira - Residency

We were the same as Joao, went to the Camara in Tavira and asked for the form, they took our passport and fiscal card to photostat them while we filled the form in and in 3 days went back payed our money and got the Residencia which lasts for 5 years.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 2:34 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tavira - Residency

Joao, Chopper,

Great, that'll make life easier. Thanks.

Last edited by TaviraTrog; Nov 20th 2007 at 2:35 pm. Reason: Manners