Reload this Page >

Streaming MEO TV from Portugal to UK

Streaming MEO TV from Portugal to UK

Old Jan 21st 2016, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Quovadis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Streaming MEO TV from Portugal to UK

Hi all ,

I have a valid contract to view MEO when I am in Portugal , also I am able to stream it on my laptop when in Portugal also .

When I am back in the Uk, although I am able to access my account and package details , I am unable to stream ? Is there anyway this can be done as I am already paying for the service and would like to use it if possible

kind regards
Old Jan 21st 2016, 2:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Streaming MEO TV from Portugal to UK

You might get more responses if you post this in The Lab, the forum for techy questions.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

Some useful info to be found here ... Portugese Satellite TV channels
Old Jan 21st 2016, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

dickydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Download kodi apply the add ons and watch everything in the world for free, alllegedly � ���� � ����� ����� ����
Old Jan 21st 2016, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Naaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quovadis
Hi all ,

I have a valid contract to view MEO when I am in Portugal , also I am able to stream it on my laptop when in Portugal also .

When I am back in the Uk, although I am able to access my account and package details , I am unable to stream ? Is there anyway this can be done as I am already paying for the service and would like to use it if possible

kind regards

It sounds like you are being geo-blocked. They can tell from your URL that you are not in Portugal. You need to sign up to a VPN (virtual private network). This will enable you to connect to MEO from a Portuguese location while you are in the UK. It can also be used to access UK content when you are in Portugal.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Quovadis is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all , I am going to try these options ... I tried a VPN but still no go ??

really odd
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

A Portuguese based VPN is probably your answer:

Have a look at:

https://www.le-vpn.com/vpn-portugal/
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dickydog
Download kodi apply the add ons and watch everything in the world for free, alllegedly ������ ����������������� ��
I have Kodi on a TV android box, and I've yet to get any TV on it.
Everything I found wants me to pay. Having said that, I was only at it for a few hours before I gave up.
I get BBC on the 907 sat and everything else through Piratebay.

If anyone can tell me how to get FREE tv in decent definition over the internet, I'm waiting to hear about it.

I can get camposat on my laptop [terrible definition] but not on the Android device.
I should add that I have high speed unlimited hard-wired internet.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
Everything I found wants me to pay. Having said that, I was only at it for a few hours before I gave up.

If anyone can tell me how to get FREE tv in decent definition over the internet, I'm waiting to hear about it.

I can get camposat on my laptop [terrible definition] but not on the Android device.
liveaboard,

1) Who is your Internet Provider?

I understand it is hard-wired. Have you run a speedtest on it?

2) Is the TV android box wired to the router or is it picking up the signal over wifi?

3) Laptop

- What make, model, year is it?
- How much RAM is installed?
- Which Operating system is installed?
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

algarveandroid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Quovadis
Hi all ,

kind regards
There is another way , do you have internet also , then another option is to stream from your own hardware to UK using the likes of Slingbox.com , and yes you can remote change channels with the better units. Havent used it in years , but if your paying for a service , or two if you have internet , then this may be an option.

You could also try hola , assuming your watching on a BROWSER , but with the security questions regarding it going on in IT forums it would be a risk.

If your using an app on a device , ie meo app on an android device , then your non PT router would need some form of VPN configured to FOOL the app into thinking its in PT , or another app on the device itself that does the same fooling.

Last edited by algarveandroid; Jan 23rd 2016 at 11:55 am. Reason: added info on Hola
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

algarveandroid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by liveaboard

The problem with kodi , not just on on android , is unless you are willing to faff about then buying a "service" is probably your only option , and with that it is dependent on your old sat installers skillset , those whom I see are most of the installs these days - with 30 quid chinese boxes for 150 quid . plus callout fee for "upgrading" , or no back up at all.

I seem to remember your fluent at least in hobbyist level for SAT and linux from old posts , wont take much to get started in kodi and andy , or if linux is your bag you can do it that way.

Theres a few reflash roms for turning some of the andy boxes into linux proper mini pc's. OR you can learn the setup on a pc in any OS first , then repeat in ANY Kodi , the procedures are identical in all OS installs to add repos and apps and change settings.

For the life of me cant see where your being asked to pay in Kodi Android , just make sure your running FTV , which is a frontend for filmon and not truly filmon per se , and your should be sorted. FTV may be installed already , but not "running" for example , so check it is in kodi/apps/settings/video options and ENABLED.

Try the filmon app from google store with a sub , in andy not kodi , gives you marginally better quality dependent on your isp , plus the ability to record to cloud. This may be of benefit if you dont want to ditch the andy box - but want WYSIWYG operation from it , just like a sat box or cable box.

The best , or worst option (opinion dependent) , is to install Hubwizard or the like to get you started in kodi , which has most of the streaming software pre configured , including FTV. Their forums are pretty helpful for the beginner too.

It is not unusual , Tom Jones theme now plays in my head , for ISP to block the more popular streaming sites , specifically those like Icefilms , to date though Filmon has defeated this so far. But as the providers , like meo , see their cable and sat subs dropping with cord cutting , then they may well get more proactive in the I.T dept looking for reasons to block IP's.

This may be the reason why yours isnt working , but I highly suspect its probably in Android or kodi settings itself , so do at least try the filmon andy app in "android proper" even without a sub , if it works the box is getting the internet , and is unblocked too , proving the box is working and its kodi settings somewhere at fault.

Easy test is if andy chrome works for speedtest site , then its connected to t'net. If you have a tablet or smart phone , one that already connects to internet , then install kodi , then some repos to test , ideally hubwizard to get you started.

Couple of years ago , when sat changed over , I offered to do a full how to for kodi for this site , but I suspect they were reluctant on legality of it. Pity they could have supplied for free what others are charging for , and freed up some of the many areas in the forum with repeat postings asking the same questions.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

My problem is not with my ip, as camposat will run on the laptop. I don't watch TV on the laptop though.
Camposat uses flash player, which apparently doesn't run on the Android box.
Mostly I just can't be bothered to take the time to figure it out, since when I tried [following advice someone posted here] I found myself being asked to pay a subscription [Kewl TV].
I read that free TV over IP was available using the Kodi ap, but I've yet to see it.
I don't have a mouse or keypad connected to the android box, which makes setup a pain, but mostly I’m just doing other work at the moment and haven’t gotten to it.
I’d like to get all the UK TV again. A detailed “how to” in the context of English language TV in Portugal would certainly be valuable.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Kodo has everything including new films such as Hateful 8 & The Martan etc etc etc....... not easy to install but it is very good...... and according to their website, fully legal.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Is it free, and does it allow live steam UK TV channels in reasonable definition?
Old Jan 24th 2016, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Yes to all questions.

According to their website, it's legal to stream but not to record.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.