Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Speculation about the state of calamity

Speculation about the state of calamity

Old Dec 18th 2021, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speculation about the state of calamity

Originally Posted by Andyj100
Well, what a rollercoaster ride it’s been! I’ve not cancelled the trip yet. I’m recovering from flu..Brazil has managed to have a bit of an epidemic going on…it was mild flu, I had a negativePCR test today.

I think we will go for it, for the first leg in France at least. I have a flat there we could isolate in if needs be.

If get that far, they do no-appointment antigen testing at the RER at Les Halles station, conveniently on the way the the airport for the Porto flight.

i would like to have a week wandering round Porto as a ghost town.
Check, and then check again, for updates about entry into France (from anywhere, but in particular now from the UK) - currently only allowing FR citizens and Residents FR to travel to France ... antigens and vaccinations/boosters etc do not allow entry just now.
Old Dec 18th 2021, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

limey610 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Check, and then check again, for updates about entry into France (from anywhere, but in particular now from the UK) - currently only allowing FR citizens and Residents FR to travel to France ... antigens and vaccinations/boosters etc do not allow entry just now.
I am booked to Paris from Sao Paulo myself via London Feb 8th and I may well be wrong but as I see it as of new rules I am allowed to travel. I am a fully vaccinated person and as I am only transiting in LHR for less than 24hrs and not leaving the airport.

Hopefully I have it right and also that the rules do not get even worse in between.
Old Dec 18th 2021, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

It appears vaccinations are becoming less important when it comes entering France, everyone is suspect because Omicron is really taking off.
Old Dec 18th 2021, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by limey610
I am booked to Paris from Sao Paulo myself via London Feb 8th and I may well be wrong but as I see it as of new rules I am allowed to travel. I am a fully vaccinated person and as I am only transiting in LHR for less than 24hrs and not leaving the airport.

Hopefully I have it right and also that the rules do not get even worse in between.
Things are bound to have changed again, whether for better or worse who knows, by February so you just have to keep checking with each country's website and your airline who will be fined if caught transporting a customer without the correct requirements fulfilled!
Old Dec 19th 2021, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Andyj100 will become famous soon enoughAndyj100 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by limey610

I think you have to be careful you have a single ticket transfer in London. If it is on 2 tickets you may have to meet the UK passenger locator requirements, such as booking a day 2 PCR test. Good luck.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...r-locator-form

I sent my connectSUS certificate to the French and received a pass sanitair QR code no problem.
I just received my COVID email from AF for next week’s flight and so far there are no insurmountable requirements.
same with the onward flight from Paris to Porto 10 days later.
it could all change, of course
Old Dec 19th 2021, 12:59 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nand
It appears vaccinations are becoming less important when it comes entering France, everyone is suspect because Omicron is really taking off.
Just to clarify, this concerns travellers coming from the UK to France. Neither vaccinated nor non-vaccinated can enter France from the UK as from yesterday, unless they are French Nationals and family, registered French or EU Residents returning "home", or those with compelling or professional reasons. For those not coming under these categories, travelling to France from the UK for pleasure isn't possible, until further notice, whatever their vaccine status is....
(This doesn't concern travellers not coming from the UK, but they must check their own situation before setting off.)
Old Jan 16th 2022, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Andyj100 will become famous soon enoughAndyj100 will become famous soon enough

Well, we had a wonderful 10 days in Porto. No problems with getting access to anywhere we wanted to go with a French Pass Sanitaire based on Brazilian vaccinations. Covid testing was easy to arrange in Paris to get there, and in Porto to leave. It was great to see Porto when it's quiet. Now I can get back to dreaming about idealists property listings...it would appear that listings for new builds remain up some time after the units are sold.